PDA

View Full Version : 94 boomerang question

sandm
03-06-2009, 04:56 PM
have a buddy that had a housefire last year and burned up his ski boat(along with the house :( ). he is in the market and found a good deal on a '94 boomerang with a new motor in it. problem is that it's too long for his garage in it's present state. he is able to get a swingaway hitch installed pretty easy, but he said the swimdeck is permanently mounted on the back. anyone know how easy they are to convert to either a removable variety or I saw on a mastercraft 205 a swingdown system. I haven't seen the boat so can't speak firsthand, but am trying to steer him this way vs. a couple of bayliners he is looking at. he's a core slalomskier and have told him that i/o would be a letdown vs. this boomerang.

thoughts on the deck?

thanks

AJones
03-06-2009, 08:54 PM
I have a 96 Boomerang. He will love the Boomerange for a slalom boat. However I don't think trying to convert the platform to a removable will gain much for the trouble. The Boomerange has the rudder shaft on the outside of the transom going thru a hole in the platform down to a plate mounted to the bottom of the transom. Removing the platform will only gain a few inches because of the plate and rudder. The platform is only 18" and you can only expect to gain about 8" if removed.