PDA

View Full Version : CIPA Extreme Mirror

Roachman
03-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Does anyone use the CIPA extreme or ellipse mirror? I wanted to see my riders when they cut out but didnt know if the Extreme was way too big and goofy looking. The Ellipse is alot smaller. Or if you guys have any other brands you like....

Thanks,

ian ashton
03-06-2009, 01:06 PM
I just bought the CIPA Extreme. Its pretty large, but its not as tall, I like the size. I haven't gotten to use it yet though (damn frozen lakes!) I've seen it on an MC before and it looked perfect in size, which is why I wanted it.

yearround
03-06-2009, 01:11 PM
i have been secretly hoping to break my mirror so that i can get the extreme. can't justify the expense, unless it needs to be made. or the bad luck associated with breaking a mirror, maybe i should hope to lose it instead?

kaneboats
03-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Post it on the classifieds and jump on ebay. Mirrors are cheap right now.

kaneboats
03-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Also, lots of people are using two mirrors these days to see the blind spot on the opposite side better (leave on passenger side windshield out of driver's way. You wouldn't drive your car/truck without 3 would you?

ian ashton
03-07-2009, 12:28 PM
i have been secretly hoping to break my mirror so that i can get the extreme. can't justify the expense, unless it needs to be made. or the bad luck associated with breaking a mirror, maybe i should hope to lose it instead?

I got mine for $90 shipped from West Marine :)

yearround
03-07-2009, 05:27 PM
I got mine for $90 shipped from West Marine :)

is the back attachment screw the same? there is a west marine close by and i have a $$ off card from the boat show. may have to look into this more.

ian ashton
03-07-2009, 06:06 PM
is the back attachment screw the same? there is a west marine close by and i have a $$ off card from the boat show. may have to look into this more.

Yea, it is the same as the OEM mirror.