PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning products

chillyx
03-04-2009, 06:30 PM
I know this is similar to an existing thread, so I apologize for the redundancy. It looks like people agree 303 for seat protection. Babes for vinyl/leather cleaner.

????Leverage for fiberglass protection
???? Boat wash- What is everyone using to clean the boat??

Wax? No Wax? Use leverage instead?

Has anyone had any problems using a power washer to clean the hull? And lastly, does it bother anyone else not to be able to clean/wax the area where the trailer bunks are? Just wondering. its almost time yeaaaaah

04OUTBACK
03-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I wipe mine down with wax as you dry (from Eagle 1) after every ride. It does great. My 2 riding friends both have black and red boats and that makes taking care of the black less of a chore. I use car wash or some boat wash I got at West Marine... no particular boat wash I use...

I have not waxed my current boat... Some folks put 303 on the hull too... I think it has great protectants in it.. but I have had trouble preventing smearing/streaks on the hull...

mcdye
03-04-2009, 09:25 PM
The after water wipe down the dealer recommend was spray bottle with 1/3 vingear, 2/3 water and 2 caps of wash that has carnauba wax in it.

smokedog2
03-04-2009, 10:17 PM
303 on the hull as well. Car -wax wear studies are depressing if you read them on-line.

They have to be worse for boats.

SD2

04OUTBACK
03-05-2009, 11:52 AM
If you use any of the sprays regularly (babes, wax as you dry, 303) you'll notice how much easier it is to wipe each time..

I have often heard of the vinegar / water mix as a means to prevent water spots or to get them off darker hulls..

For the money, the Wax as you dry from eagle one is my fave for the hull.. Babes is great, but more expensive and harder to get for me.. 303 more expensive and a little harder to prevent streaks for me..

all of my crew keeps a few small towels and some wax as you dry handy for the wipe down..