PDA

View Full Version : our first ride of the year

yearround
03-04-2009, 12:12 PM
after my fathers sudden passing (we did go for a ride 4 days before he left) 3 long months of winter, one attempt to ride, ut found the lake ice report inaccurate, we made it our on a record high day, then we made it out the next day also!

tried the new helmet that i got, hopefully i will remember all my days of riding this year, regardless of the falls.

a few pics of the fun, of note, you only get marginal pictures when the 4year old get
designated camera boy.

i did get a video of a guy on an air char whenhe did a flip over our bow. that was really awesome!

04OUTBACK
03-04-2009, 01:17 PM
You are my hero..
Where did ya'll ride?
Looks like the handle we all got from ebay/copes.. how do you like it?
I rode twice in feb in a friends boat so I did not have my handle. Planning on taking mine out this weekend!

sorry to hear about your Father as well

yearround
03-04-2009, 02:05 PM
we rode at cherry creek, the handle and the rope are from copes. we really like them. we used it a few times last year in november. really like the rigid handle.

thanks

deerfield
03-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Yearround - Jeepers! You really live up to your name. Got to love Colorado. You are on the water same day that just a short drive away is the best snow skiing in the world. - Deerfield

kaneboats
03-05-2009, 11:17 AM
I really have no excuse now. It's supposed to be 78 on Sat.

moombadaze
03-05-2009, 11:24 AM
80 here on sunday

kaneboats
03-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Gonna try to get out and work on the surf wake. Maybe hop in and try it out if I get it looking good.

moombadaze
03-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Yearround--you guys are hard core!

jimmobius
03-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Yearround,
Sorry to hear about your fathers passing. My dad passed away last Saturday and the funeral was yesterday. He was 84 and showed me the joy of boating at an early age which stays with me today. 4 boats later and I look forward to every year.
Jim .

aintskeered
03-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Yearround not fair.... Your getting some warm weather over on that side of the hill. We have barley gotten to the mid 50's here! There are talks of a trip next weekend though? Heck the Ice just left two weeks ago! You are the Man!

yearround
03-07-2009, 01:31 AM
Jim,
thanks for the thoughts for my dad. he was 66. prayers for you family also.

i dont know if we are really hard core, just really like to do it. with the spring weather now, it is supposed to snow sat, maybe make it out mid week?

GeauxTigers
03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Jim,
thanks for the thoughts for my dad. he was 66. prayers for you family also.

i dont know if we are really hard core, just really like to do it. with the spring weather now, it is supposed to snow sat, maybe make it out mid week?

Yearround... my condolences to you and the family for your loss. 66 is young! Heck, I am turning 1/2 a century next week!!!! But that's a different story.
I think you are hard core. That water has got to be cold. Did you notice the temperature by any chance?

On another subect, the GT family is planning a trip to Lake Powell sometime in mid June. This time we will probably go to Bull Frog marina. We are campers and I am wondering if you and your crew are interested. I am always game for meeting new people and making new friends. We could synchronize our watches if you like.

yearround
03-11-2009, 12:44 AM
GT,
thanks

the water was 47.

as for LP, we are planning to go for a long weekend in may, just adults, then with the family in sept/oct our summer got booked up way too fast. thanks for the invite. the water in june is still cool for the kids to play around in like in july and aug, but very fun anyway. we usually camp in stanton creek area.

i will be in UT fairly regular, will try and meet sometime.