PDA

View Full Version : New here

jjerrod
02-28-2009, 01:57 AM
Hey all,

I finally got my DD boat a couple months ago and cannot wait to get it out on the water. It is a 2002 outback with 74 hours on it. I am planning on ordering a MT2 monster tower in a couple days and installing it myself. I built my own tower on my last boat so hopefully i can install the MT2 with no problems. Maybe with a wetsuit and a few beers by the end of march we will be on the water.:D

ian ashton
02-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Welcome! Where are you from? Any pics of the boat? 74 hours is like new!

jjerrod
02-28-2009, 11:47 AM
I am from Broken Arrow Oklahoma, here is one pic on the day i bought it.

deerfield
02-28-2009, 01:02 PM
jjerod - Welcome to the Moomba family. Nice boat! A classic. - Deerfield

1LOKMOOMBA
02-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Hey all,

I finally got my DD boat a couple months ago and cannot wait to get it out on the water. It is a 2002 outback with 74 hours on it. I am planning on ordering a MT2 monster tower in a couple days and installing it myself. I built my own tower on my last boat so hopefully i can install the MT2 with no problems. Maybe with a wetsuit and a few beers by the end of march we will be on the water.:D

Awesome, Finally I am not (1 LONELY OKIE MOOMBA) owner. Definitely we got to meet at Skiatook, Oolagha or somewhere. Welcome to da Moomba klan. Lots of good Mods and advice here and a lot of laughs. Look at New Dimensions for a Tower I just installed mine last month. Look at the Modification board there's pics. second on the BEER.

jjerrod
02-28-2009, 02:19 PM
1LOKMOOMBA, Skiatook lake is good with me, ive been meaing to to try that lake out. I usally go to fort gibson or tenkiller.

volfo
02-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Very nice. I love the blue. I bought a '01 Outback LS with 117 hours on it in August 2007 and it has been a great boat. In one month and one season, it now has nearly 190 hours on it and we liked it so much we actually bought a lake cabin to go with it.

Put a monster tower MT2 on it the weekend before Memorial Day last year. Overall like it a lot. It looks better (to me) than the standard rad-a-cage that goes on the boat, and I like the attachment points better. However, for the first month or so I did have to tighten it fairly often. The main drawback is that due to the narrowness between the two front legs, you can't get a very big tower bimini on it unless you go over the top. The standard rad a cage for that boat is wider and you can buy a bigger tower bimini. It is available from the new dimensions website.

If I had it to do over, I'd still buy the mt2, but I thought I would give you my 2 cents on the pros and cons. By the way, I bought the new monster tower cargo rack bimini but haven't installed it yet. If you buy the mt2 tower, you'll need to get the smaller size bimini, but if you buy the new dimension, I THINK you will be able to get the larger bimini.

If you want to see what the MT2 looks like on a very similar boat, you can check out hte monster tower website and look for hte mt2 pictures under Moomba - the maroon and beige boat is mine.

Good luck and enjoy the boat.

jjerrod
02-28-2009, 08:39 PM
i went to monster's website and saw your boat. Looks pretty good, thanks for the info on the MT2. Did you install it yourself? I am kind of nervous drilling holes in my new to me boat.

volfo
02-28-2009, 09:38 PM
I did the install myself. My Dad and I did it. It took us twice as long as they say it will, but we were extremely careful and measured everything about 10 times before we drilled. It's not an easy job but it's not too bad. If you've installed a tower before, I would say you could do it in the time they say with one helper. There might be a spot or two where it would be handy to have a 3rd.

Here is a link to another post I made that shows some pictures of my install:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?p=38330#post38330

kaneboats
03-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Congrats on the purchase and welcome! That is one fine looking Moomba.

jjerrod
03-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks, what kind of tower do you got? Nice ski pole on your old boat.:D

tazz3069
03-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Welcome to the family. Congrats on the new boat. We are here for you. Just ask asway.

Hammer
03-03-2009, 01:07 AM
Nice boat very clean looking. Someone didn't get on the water much 72 hrs is nothing i put over a 100 in one season !

Sled491
03-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Hey welcome to the family. Make sure you post pics of your install in the Mods section. Any problems ask away!

kaneboats
03-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks, what kind of tower do you got? Nice ski pole on your old boat.:D

My tower was a budget special. I got it from my friend at Fluid Concepts. Lots of people comment on my homemade wakeboard pole on the old outboard. That model of Sunbird boat had the ski pylon sticking up out of the rear seatback. Very handy for skiing with a lot of people in the boat (not too easy to get up that way. I made a sky pole that would slide over the pylon and attach with cables to points on the sides. It was very stable and solid. But the wake on that boat was nonexistent.

Birdman_08_LSV
03-27-2009, 02:44 PM
That is a good looking boat! Somebody took good care of it. I think you picked a good one.

moombamaniac
07-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Nice boat. I'm sure you must be having alot of fun. I live in Tulsa right near BA. I got my boat last year and used to go to Keystone untill I figured out it was not exactly the lake I wanted to be at. My wife hit an unmarked sandbar at 20mph while I was wakeboarding and caused about 10K in damage. So this year I am at Skiatook lake at Cross Timbers Marina. It would be great to meet some other Moomba owners at Skiatook and get together some weekends.

zegm
07-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Wow!!! Was your wife OK???

jjerrod
07-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Nice boat. I'm sure you must be having alot of fun. I live in Tulsa right near BA. I got my boat last year and used to go to Keystone untill I figured out it was not exactly the lake I wanted to be at. My wife hit an unmarked sandbar at 20mph while I was wakeboarding and caused about 10K in damage. So this year I am at Skiatook lake at Cross Timbers Marina. It would be great to meet some other Moomba owners at Skiatook and get together some weekends.

Thanks, did you hit the sand bar at houseboat island? We go to keystone everyonce in a while, there a aswesome cove out there to wakeboard. We were at skiatook this weekend at tall cheif cove. I live at 101st and 145th.

Sled491
07-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Hey Z, your Avatar is for a different forum. This is the Moomba forum, not the TDI forum:)

kaneboats
07-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Here's the pic zegm ought to be using for his avatar:

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee356/kaneboats/IMG_0524-1.jpg

mmandley
07-29-2009, 03:39 PM
HAHAH almost spit out my coffee on that one. Love the Little Mermaid towel LOL