PDA

View Full Version : Slalom in West Palm Beach

BensonWdby
02-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I suddenly find myself in the fortunate situation to have unlimited access to a townhouse in West Palm Beach. So I am thinking if I ever actually get down there I may want to hook up with someone to ski with. Possibly from this board, or even just someone commercially. Any recommendations? I have skied with McGinnis in Ft. Laud. and Mike Seipel in WPB in the past. Slalom only - course not a requirement. But I probably will not have a ski with me.

Dave

kaneboats
02-24-2009, 09:53 AM
I'd be glad to take you for some sets but it's a little too far away.

Right after I moved to Tallahassee my office was having a mini-conference in Tampa. My boss acted like I could pop over there the morning of the conference. I had to tell him that going to Tampa for me was like, for him in Chicago, going to St. Louis. He couldn't believe it. But FL is a big state. It's 645 miles or 10 1/2 hours from my house to Key West.

maxpower220
02-24-2009, 05:07 PM
But FL is a big state. It's 645 miles or 10 1/2 hours from my house to Key West.

I live 3 hours further West of you and I am still in Fl, barely.

Sled491
02-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Well Dave, while I'd love to ski with you some day, you find yourself in the middle of my favorite dive destination and I still live in WI :). In my time spent there I seem to recall there being a couple of ski lakes in the area and one that seemed to have a boat for hire.

BensonWdby
02-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Well speaking of diving, is there a good 'walk-in' snorkel site around there? My experience on that coast is that you need a boat to get out to the reef. We went out to John Pentakamp (sp?) and had to spend about 20 minutes on a boat, but snorkeling was good there...

Sled491
02-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Not in my experience. But there is a good dive site that you can walk to.