PDA

View Full Version : Sub-woofer question

bamaspiveys
02-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Hey, looking for some opinions to help a friend out.

Anyone used Bazooka Subs?

Got a buddy that wants to two of the bazookas to his boat, I have never used them, but have not heard good things about them.

What do you guys think?

maxpower220
02-21-2009, 11:13 PM
I have a powered 8" that I have had for years. It has been a great little unit. I had it in my MasterCraft for 3 yrs. It doesn't fit anywhere in the Outback, so right now it is on the self.
I have a single and it is good for bass in the boat. It compliments the 6.5" speakers really well. If you want everyone in the lake to hear you, you will want a different product.

jmvotto
02-22-2009, 08:41 AM
I had a twin 6" bazookas in my honda years ago and if powered properly it will sound fine. It will definitely round out your sound. I toyed with the thought of bazooka in my momba, but then i found a great deal on ebay for a 10"inch Polk.

tazz3069
02-22-2009, 10:49 AM
I am not a big fan of the tubes. I had one in the very begining of the Moomba years. It did not give me the Bass that I wanted. Now I have the Boston Acoustic G3 sub.

04OUTBACK
02-22-2009, 11:06 AM
one of my riding buddies has a 10" bazooka in His MC along with the factory JL sub.
It does pretty good. I think placement has a lot to do with it.
I have considered them for mine due to ease of install..

TL7
02-22-2009, 11:20 PM
I have an 8" in our 07 Outback. It's right in front (bow side) of the driver's foot rest. It's out of the way, doesn't take up much storage, and it bangs pretty good. It's facing the wall. I like it because I didn't have to do any cutting or modifying the boat, and didn't have to sacrifice any foot space on the driver's side.