PDA

View Full Version : Back from a Cruise

jimmobius
02-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Hello all, we were in the Carribbean 2 weeks ago , our first cruise . It was on the Ruby Princess , 951 feet long by 118 wide. I was quite impressed with the whole thing and it was nice to get away for a while in the dead of winter. We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale then left from there. The weather was warmer in Colorado than it was in Florida!! It didn't warm up til we hit Jamaica. I must say the Carribbean is something and will definately return to Caiman Islands and also Cozumel. We spent the last day on Princess Cruise's own private island and had to have a light jacket on in order to stay warm!! New rule for me , don't vacation till March if you want warm weather in the south. We had some time in Ft. Lauderdale on the return so off to tour the waterways. What a place!! I have never seen so much wealth in my life .. Yachts, mansions, etc.. . Would also like to return to Florida and spend a lot more time. Waiting for summer... Jim .

newty
02-20-2009, 11:54 PM
We were in Cancun two weeks ago and we thought the same thing... Brrrrrrr. The locals said it was abnormally cold this year.
I 2nd the Cozumel visit. Beautiful place! I highly suggest getting a divers cert before you or anyone goes there. Half the beauty of Cozumel is underwater!! Cancun/Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel would be on the top 10 places to live permanently! Fresh water to float the boat is the only thing that would make me think twice.
I think I want to open a wake surfing/wake boarding/skiing resort in Playa, any investors out there to help me out? Maybe partners?