PDA

View Full Version : Hitting Indy Boat Show- Outback V / Mobious LSV

moombamania
02-20-2009, 11:15 AM
I have been out of boating for about 4 years now and it is time to get back into a Moomba. Previous was a 2000 Outback with cage/ballast and loved it.

Going to the show to get back up to speed with what Skiers Choice has going on and visit all the other overpriced vendors :)

Still undecided between new and almost new / Outback versus Mobius (need to get in them both) but my question is hull related and when changes took place.

I believe the Outback hull was modified in 09? Did they modify the Mobius as well and are these dramatic changes compared to an 06-08 hull?

We are Wakeboarders with occasional open slalom. And for Ed, surfing was just hitting our lake when I got out, so not to say an attempt or two might be in the works.

Jon
02-20-2009, 12:09 PM
The 2009 Outback V is a brand new hull. It has great crossover ability. Awesome ski wake for a V-drive and has a nice shaped wakeboard wake. With Gravity III and a few friends the wake should be pretty nice.

The LSV is the same hull as the LSV's back through 2006. They have made some nice refinements in the interior since 2006 though. LSV will be a better wakeboarding boat.

The LSV is my favorite Moomba but if I were looking to save a little cash and didn't need a 21'6", 13 passenger boat, I would definitely give the Outback V a chance.

RickT
02-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Matt Brown the designer of both boats will be in INDY this weekend to help out at the show. I am sure he would be glad to take you through both models and explain the differences,etc. Good Luck and thanks for checking us out.

Rick

moombamania
02-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Rick, that is awesome thanks for the heads up, it will be great to talk with Matt :) even more stoked to go now. And it was a no brain er, Loved my first Moomba and looking forward to my second.

Ed, I had to bait you on the surf wake :), I enjoy your enthusiasm you have for everything, whichever Moomba I end up with I am sure I will try to surf, only if to post a pic here so you can have a good laugh. Take care, get healthy and get on the water.

And Jon, thanks, I really like the LSV layout, but truely didn't know what had gone on with that Mobius hull.

Reese350
02-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Mania, we have the 06 LSV and love it but after seeing the new 09 V....that's definately the way to go. Enjoy the show!