PDA

View Full Version : Removing graphics

Roachman
02-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Does anyone have any tips on how to remove stock graphics?

04OUTBACK
02-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Hair dryer...
I removed mine a few months ago.. A razor blade is useful, but BEE CAREFUL.. i could not resist the temptation and have some very small scratches..
goo gone to remove any lefto over sticky residue..

The labels are pretty durable.. and pull most of the sticky off.
Let it sit in the sun a bit before you do it if it is still cold..

Don't use a heat gun as that is too hot.. but a hair dryer will be great..just don't hold it too long in the same place..
here is mine with no logos .. i have the 08 streak / mobius logo to go back on..

newty
02-16-2009, 01:59 PM
the sun is your friend. just go slow and like outback said resist the razorblades. Should look great. I love naked boats!!

volfo
02-16-2009, 11:28 PM
mine just peeled off like a big sticker. I used a tool called a "fingernail" to lift up onside and once I got enough I peeled from the corner using my forefinger and thumb. Came right off very easily. There was little to no residue underneath, but I did it as I was waxing the boat, so I cleaned it up with some soap and water and then waxed it.

In all seriousness, I was worried about it but my M O O M B A stickers on one side had a scratch running through them that ripped the stickers, so I tried it and they just came right off super easy with no effort.

Roachman
02-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks I will try to heat it up with a hair dryer. I tried fingernail and plastic putty knife but it is on there good.