PDA

View Full Version : Surf Ropes

SEARK
02-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Ok you surf experts I've got a question about surf ropes. First, I've done a search regarding my question and have not found an answer. Second, I just bought a new board and am going to start this year, but not a rope yet. So here goes: Why the small handle or no handle at all? I haven't seen this question addressed before.

Thanks in advance, now fill me with knowledge. :)

Razzman
02-13-2009, 11:58 PM
The last thing you want is for your feet or other parts of the bod to get caught up in the rope that close to the boat. Hence no handle (beavertail) or small T handle or small Wake style.

SEARK
02-14-2009, 09:43 AM
I' been looking at the different types and have about settled on the T handle. I don't think that my wife and others would be able to get up with the no handle rope and after reading a post on wakeworld I'm not sure that the small wake handle is the safest way to go.

Thanks for addressing this issue for me, somethimes the little things need to be talked about from time to time so people new to the sport are not left guessing.

SEARK
02-14-2009, 09:53 AM
as the former Florida Rep of the American Wakesurfing Association, I want there to be absolutely no guessing and I implore you to buy the T-handle rope. Get two. One always seems to find where the prop is hiding.

Does that response help you decide?

get the T

get the T

So what you're saying is, maybe I should get the T. :)

Razzman
02-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Pretty hard for that 6" T-handle to stick in your rear, but I guess anything is possible. :)

OUCH! :p

Here'a link that shows all three surf styles :D
http://ridecwb.com/index.php?mod=ropes&id_ser=36&id_prd=29

moombadaze
02-14-2009, 04:36 PM
T-handle -its what we use

sandm
02-15-2009, 05:14 PM
we have a small handle right now.
cousin had one with tennis balls weaved into a rope. there were 4 of them, about 1ft apart. I preferred that one the best, but haven't been able to find one anywhere...

Sled491
02-26-2009, 11:05 PM
We went with the T handle. Money well spent. We all started last year (myself, wife, sister inlaw) and no one had a problem with the T and we don't have a tower which helps like you wouldn't believe.

SEARK
02-27-2009, 12:43 AM
I ordered the T handle, should be in any day now. Now if the weather will just warm up a little more I could get started.