PDA

View Full Version : Z5 Cargo Rack

tazz3069
02-12-2009, 11:18 PM
I have been Looking and Looking all over for a new or used Z5 Cargo Rack. I can not find it anywhere. My dealer tells me that they can only sell me one off one of their boats in inventory, only if they convince the manufacturer that it came in damaged. Does anyone know of a dealer, aftermarket seller, thief, just kidding, that might have these to sell? I really like to get one of these. It hard to have 3 boards plus boards of my other riders and a surboard on the boat at the same time. No room for the cooler of beer. Can anyone help me.
Tazz

jmvotto
02-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Tazz, at the bottom of the thread i believe is an e-mail to the manufacture or distributer ( from wakeworld) I wish my OBV could handle one, they look awesome

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/408328.html?1170174048

tazz3069
02-12-2009, 11:32 PM
I just notified him. He hold me that he only deals with dealers. He does not sell to private parties. He told me to have me dealer contact him. I'll give it a try.

wolfeman131
02-12-2009, 11:56 PM
I bought one of the Monster Tower Cargo Rakcs last fall, but haven't installed it yet.

http://shop.monstertower.com/p-103-cargo-rack-bimini.aspx

I've put the top together and was impressed with the aluminum frame and canvas cover. The functionality appears to be very similar to the Z5 Cargo. The Monster rack will fit on the OBV's. The only thing I'm not wild about is that the brackets have to be screwed to the tower. Only reason that bothers me is that I think I'm going to want to take the bimini with me if I ever sell this boat and I don't know what I'd do with the holes in the tower.

davidl
02-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Hey Tazz, I purchased mine from my dealer, they had one in the box. Whats up with not wanting to sell these?

Roachman
02-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Tazz, I have been going through the same thing. I went to the dealer and he said the z5 was more expensive if not ordered with a boat and I didnt understand that either. I have also been looking at the monster top but cant tell if it is larger enough and would provide enough shade.

zegm
02-13-2009, 09:49 AM
That is one of the best things if not the best option we have on our boat. When other inboards see it they wish they had one, I cannot believe this manufacturer is being so stingy with an item he could really sell a bunch of.
Wolfman, ours clamps to the tower, there are no through holes?

Roachman
02-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Yeah that is also another plus for the z5 no drilling.

zegm
02-13-2009, 10:00 AM
And also pull 4 pins and it is off then the tower folds down and now she now sits in the garage waiting for spring time! One modification we made to it (since we have the Dirrect Drive, the Real Ski Boat) is used some of the foam that covered the tubing and a couple of zip ties and made a bumper so that it wouldn't bang into the ski pylon when we lowered it.

Ian Brantford
02-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Do any of these racks have weight ratings? A wet inflateable can be heavy, and it's going overhead, so I'd like to see a weight capacity in writing.

sandm
02-13-2009, 11:04 AM
my dealer here offered me one when I told him how much I liked them when getting an oil change last summer. the price was $2495.00. that did it for me.
not sure if that changes your mind, but if you are serious about one, contact idaho watersports in nampa idaho and ask for the service manager. he's the one that told me how much they are. I would bet that they will drop-ship one to ya, unless they were messin' with me..
very nice cover, but not worth the coin unless it comes with the boat imo...

now someone needs to push roswell to release the up-and-coming surf racks for the rad-a-cage towers that have been listed on their website for the last 9 months.. much cheaper than a z5.

zegm
02-13-2009, 12:47 PM
sandm,
I do see a patent pending sticker on ours so that might be an issue with other manufactures. Also, we ordered ours when we ordered the boat and it was a 1500 dollar option and I thought that was expensive.
As far as the weight, I am sure it might be somewhere but not sure where I could find it. It is a nice sturdy frame, but you are limited somewhat by what size item you can put up there because it will have to fit under the tower. It does come with an attachment device that looks like it is for tubes. Of course since we have a "no tubes" policy that attachment is sitting in the garage.

kaneboats
02-13-2009, 01:24 PM
I may have a new relatively inexpensive clamp on the way for attaching a bimini or cargo top. Please stay tuned.

tazz3069
02-16-2009, 12:01 PM
My dealership said that it would cost me $1,500 if it came with the boat and about $1,800 to $2,000 if it came without the boat. I do not understand.

zegm
02-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Tazz,

Isn't that crazy!!! When they come with the boat the dealership still has to install them. I guess it is a way to make more money, you know to make up silly rules like that. I wonder if you called around and see what other dealers would charge you. The install is simple, something I know you could easily do yourself if you could get someone to ship you one at a fair price.

tazz3069
02-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Tazz, at the bottom of the thread i believe is an e-mail to the manufacture or distributer ( from wakeworld) I wish my OBV could handle one, they look awesome

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/408328.html?1170174048

I gave him a call and emailed him. He had asked me to give my dealership his info. He would be more than happy to sell him the Z5 Cargo racks. The only info I did not get was if it was the exact same as the current ones that come on the Moomba's and Supra's.

Roachman
02-16-2009, 04:26 PM
I spoke to him a couple of months ago and he said you have to go through the dealer.

jasonba1
02-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Monster tower is now offering a cargo bimini that supposedly fits almost all tower and there price is only 699. Here is the link. Hope this helps

http://shop.monstertower.com/p-103-cargo-rack-bimini.aspx

jasonba1
02-16-2009, 04:59 PM
I apologize didnt see read all the way through the thread, looks like someone had already posted this info

tazz3069
02-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Ed--
Since you guys are related, can I get a discount on the Bimini, JK LOL

tazz3069
02-17-2009, 09:07 PM
HAHAHA. I called my dealership and he knows of the company. He told me that they only sell to manufactures and not dealers. My dealer is looking for one for me. I hope he can find one.

Hydrofoiljunky
02-17-2009, 09:18 PM
It's that time of the year again and you can always tell when Spring is coming, the Moomba boards light up Like Chevy Chases Lights on Christmas Vacation! At any rate I'm thinking of getting a Z5 Cargo for this year as well, do you think we could get a Group Buy thing going on this as well? If not, if someone finds a good price on these, could you post the contact info? Thanks in advance

Chad

jmvotto
02-19-2009, 10:57 PM
HAHAHA. I called my dealership and he knows of the company. He told me that they only sell to manufactures and not dealers. My dealer is looking for one for me. I hope he can find one.

Thats a real bad business plan in this economy, more people are likey to Modify their existing boats them buy new ones. We alreay have three or four orders in a couple days.

my .02

lowdrag
02-20-2009, 06:26 AM
I agree, but I bet it has as much to do with the boat manufacturers as it does the company that makes the Z5. I would bet that in order to get it included as a factory option there is probably a contract agreement that they won't sell it to third parties.

tazz3069
03-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Ed, I have tried and still no answer from my dealership. I emailed the dealership in Florida. I hope they can help me out. Thanks for the information.

Just got back an email. They told me that they can sell me a top. I gave them my boat info. Now just waiting for the price.

wakemike
03-10-2009, 06:54 PM
I've been searching all day and I found a company thats doing a cargo rack as close to a z5 as you can get. My sanger dealer gave me there number. The guys name is Brian and his company is International Marine, I guess they build the Wake Air towers for Sanger. His number is 916-531-2274 and he actually answers.

Hydrofoiljunky
03-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey Mike thanks for the info, is this one Cheaper than $2800 Plus Shipping? That's what I was quoted for the Z5. Yowzers

Razzman
03-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Hey Mike thanks for the info, is this one Cheaper than $2800 Plus Shipping? That's what I was quoted for the Z5. Yowzers

If you were quoted $2800 then it was a blatant attempt to rip you off and you should not go back there! A Z5 is approx. $1500 :p

wakemike
03-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Yeah Brian said $1600 he's going to email me pics this week.

Hydrofoiljunky
03-11-2009, 12:50 AM
If you were quoted $2800 then it was a blatant attempt to rip you off and you should not go back there! A Z5 is approx. $1500 :p

Oh how I wish there was some competition for them here. Closest dealer is about 6 hrs from me. I'm trying to make the best of it though. They have taken good care of me when my boat had issues a few hours into it's 2nd flight. I just don't understand the need to rape and pillage customers. I understand they can't charge the same price if you didn't order the accessory when you bought your boat, but almost double ?????? That's like the local stereo shop here that carried the tower speakers that I ended up going with. I'm all about supporting the local businesses and do so when I can, but when they don't do their homework and wanna charge you 5 times the average rate elsewhere. Sorry, man I just can't do it. Thanks for letting me vent moomba board, I better get off my soapbox before someone knocks it out from underneath me

tazz3069
03-11-2009, 07:49 AM
I just got back the quote. They told me that it will cost $1,750.00 plus shipping and no tax. I think that is sounds good. The unfortunate part is that it has to come from Florida to Vegas.

Hydrofoiljunky
03-11-2009, 11:42 AM
I just got back the quote. They told me that it will cost $1,750.00 plus shipping and no tax. I think that is sounds good. The unfortunate part is that it has to come from Florida to Vegas.

Tazz, thanks for posting that info. Is this through Orlandoboats or the Liquid sports place? I think this price is more inline with what I was thinking they would run. It's -6 outside right now but Spring is coming, I think?????

Roachman
03-11-2009, 11:59 AM
For that price you might as well get the Z5.

Sled491
03-11-2009, 09:37 PM
MY goodness, in this economy? What we need to do is get a bunch of us together, engineers, production guys, etc and start a company to support these requests.

I was at a Harley dealer the other day looking at a new bike. I'm from the Milwaukee area so I know what's going on with the company. I asked the sales man "so just you and me talking here, without me pulling out my check book where can we get to on price?" He looked down at the sticker on the bike and said to me "it's right there". I said "are you kidding in this economy?" He said "why not." I shook his hand, aploligized for wasting his time and walked directly out. As I walked to my truck he was still standing there with his hand out and a dazed look on his face like he had just had a close encounter with an alien.

Will people never learn?

tazz3069
03-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Tazz, thanks for posting that info. Is this through Orlandoboats or the Liquid sports place? I think this price is more inline with what I was thinking they would run. It's -6 outside right now but Spring is coming, I think?????

It is www,orlandoboats.com. Good oll Mr. Ed passed this info to me.

Hydrofoiljunky
03-12-2009, 09:15 PM
It is www,orlandoboats.com. Good oll Mr. Ed passed this info to me.

Thanks Tazz, and thanks to Ed (Godfather of the Moomba website) for the original info.

Chad S

jjolson
03-15-2009, 02:22 PM
I got mine for about 1600-1700 shipped to dealer. They put it on for 50 i think.

tazz3069
03-15-2009, 04:20 PM
who shipped it to the dealer?

jjolson
03-15-2009, 04:44 PM
who shipped it to the dealer?

I ordered it through the service department at my boat dealer. I looked back at my invoice I paid 1200 for the rack and 200 for shipping. They misquoted the price by 636 dollars but after some arm wrestling of words they honored the price they quoted. Worked for me!

tazz3069
03-15-2009, 05:42 PM
great deal. I was quoted $1750 plus shipping.

kennedy
03-15-2009, 07:08 PM
I purchased the Moomba XLV Gravity Games and got the Z5 as on of the pick 5 options.

I also got the DUAL Battery option so we can get some killer tunes into the boat this spring.

Do not know the deal but cannot get an awnser from my dealer as to when we will see the Z5.

Not a big deal cannot use the boat for at least 60 days in way.

Buck02LS
08-20-2009, 03:04 AM
i have an 02 Mobius LS and they say the Z5 wont fit on my tower... i would have upgrade to an 06 or 07 tower. Anyone know what a newer model tower would cost? Anyone out there have one they want or need to get rid of? Or know where i can find one?

Thanks

yearround
08-20-2009, 08:22 AM
i think some people are going with the monster rack and really liking it. i think they are less than $1k, would be much cheaper than replacing the tower.

Sled491
08-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Right, the OEM tower can be bought for about 1500.00 and the Z5 looks to be 1800.00 now Yikes. I'd try to find an after market bimini. I saw a thread a while back that had just a giant top.

Buck02LS
08-20-2009, 10:21 AM
yeah i'm really not trying to spend 2k on a new top... no thanks!

Buck02LS
08-20-2009, 10:35 AM
so i think i'm just gonna get the (Cargo Rack Bimini) from Monster... dose anyone know what size would fit in the stock moomba 02 Mobius LS tower???

Small - 48"W x 65"L
or
Medium - 60"W x 65"L

thanks

Ian Brantford
08-20-2009, 11:38 AM
The Monster cargo bimini recently dropped to $599. I took delivery a week ago, but I won't have it installed until sometime this weekend, so I cannot comment on experience with it yet.

Fman
08-20-2009, 03:18 PM
My dealership said that it would cost me $1,500 if it came with the boat and about $1,800 to $2,000 if it came without the boat. I do not understand.

For $2k still well worth it, the Z5 is awesome, once you have one it would be tough not to have it anymore. Although a little bit of a hassle to remove it and take off the boat.

wolfeman131
08-20-2009, 03:41 PM
so i think i'm just gonna get the (Cargo Rack Bimini) from Monster... dose anyone know what size would fit in the stock moomba 02 Mobius LS tower???

I have the Monster Cargo bimini and highly recommend it! It is very similar in functionality to the Z5 Cargo rack. Design and installaion is a bit different.

Here is a link to a post I have in the Mods section:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7357

tazz3069
08-21-2009, 12:01 AM
I have gone out a few different times with my Z5. I love it. Everyone else love it also.