PDA

View Full Version : Fusion T-Series Combos or Liquid Audio w/ Polk MM651 Tower Speakers

bergermaister
02-12-2009, 02:05 AM
So the tax return is less than a week away and the stereo project is about to kick off. I've been jonesing all winter over amps, subs, tower speakers, and on and on. Now I'm torn between the Liquid Audio Polk Doubles and the Fusion T-Series Combos for the tower.

It looks like the Polks have a better rating overall for power, etc. however I do like the looks of the Fusion T-Series doubles, especially the ones with the blue LEDs built in - fuels my ongoing LED addiction.

The Liquid Audio with the Polks are going to run right around $300-$350. Fusion T-Series Combos about $400. I'm going to run Polks in the cabin of the boat but I'm still debating on the tower.

I've seen some good reviews of the Liquid Audio Polk doubles on the forums - what about the Fusion T-Series? Anyone running those? Do you like 'em? Wish you had gone a different route? Are they wired in series or parallel?

Liquid Audio has been very good with answering my barrage of questions. Fusion Wake - not quite so much.

Thanks!

newty
02-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Run from fusions and run fast! They look great but good luck getting them warrantied. I believe fusion has gone out of buisness. Hence the low prices. The speakers don't sound all that great and the chrome WILL pit and peel. My 2 cents but I have them and wish I didn't.

Razzman
02-12-2009, 09:59 AM
I'll second what Newty said. I've seen too many people with those have warrenty issues! Get the Polks and put the correct amp with the correct amount of power and they'll be just fine.

Newty, still gotta call you about that amp mounting! :p

Hillbilly
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM
If you can swing it look into an HSE volume control. They are very nice to have. I didn't think it was that big of a deal to just mute the stereo every time but then I got the vc and it is so nice. I don't know if it works without an e.q. though? You basically set the vc to desired rpm and then whenever the boat reaches that rpm the volume rises to set level, You can even set how loud it is when under the set rpm. It also has an aux in so you could hook up an i-pod to it.

bergermaister
02-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the info and opinion on the Fusion T-Series. It did seem fishy that they normally ran $1200-1300 at most places and then showed up on eBay for $400... Sounds like liquidation to me. I know dealers have upwards of 40% markup but that's a huge cut just to start selling direct.

I think I'll be running a Polk boat!

SanMarzano
02-12-2009, 02:56 PM
The Liquid Audio JL 7.7's rock. Same as the MC speakers