PDA

View Full Version : Scottys 7 family 07 Outback

Scottys
02-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Been skiing since I was 8 (46 now) and this is my first REAL ski boat. Had runabouts to drag me around for most of my life. My wife, daughter and I ordered our "tugtoy" in January of 07 and took delivery in March. We couldn't be happier with the boat. Thanks SC:D Hope the pix come out OK. My first time trying to post some.

ian ashton
02-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Very cool! What does "7 Family" mean?

deerfield
02-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Scottys - Thanks for posting these pics. Great looking boat! We have the same year and model - just different color combination. Man, I would like to have a barefoot boom. Does the boom get a lot of use? Do you use it for teaching first time skiers? - Deerfield

kaneboats
02-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Looks fantastic. I was a runabout skier for years but wakeboarding pushed me to a Moomba. I can tell you are really enjoying it. Love the pics.

Scottys
02-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Typo on the 7 familly 07 Outback. It was supposed to read "Scottys family 07 Ouback". My wife and daughter were instrumental in picking out the color combo and options we wanted. 2007 boat show special was "pick 4 options at no extra costs". We choose the wake plate, apperance package, gelcoat upgrade and mooring cover.
We use the boom for teaching first time ski/wakeboarders, usually friends of my 12 yr old, Dani. It's a great way for them to experience succes quickly which motivates them to move to a short line off the boom and finally the long line behind the boat. And I will, on occasion, make a barefoot pass.

moombadaze
02-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Welcome and thats a good looking outback you got there.

moombadaze
02-09-2009, 05:29 PM
"Why can't there be a "No Fishing" curfew for us skiers?:rolleyes: "---love that

deerfield
02-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Scottys - Noticed that your town is West Bend (WI). I know it's drive, but I encourage you to think about bringing your Outback and crew to the jamboree this year. Don't know the date, but if the last two years are any indication it'll be a Saturday in July. It's a great event for the family. I have pictures from last year's jamboree on my profile page. - Deerfield

Sled491
02-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Hey Hey another WI family. Were over on Nembahin off of 94 heading towards Madison. Nice looking lakefront there. What lake are you on.

PS our 07's have the identical interior:) Check out my albums to see my family on our lake. Also as Deerfield mentioned, if all things are still a go, you should come to the Chicago area Jamboree, tonnes of fun!

Laz
02-10-2009, 09:27 PM
I feel your joy. I too skied most of my life behind I/O boats and then finally bought a 2007 Outback. Not only am I completely happy with the boat, but it has really reinvigorated my whole family's enthusiasm for skiing.

We now have a course and take lessons regularly.

Enjoy!

deerfield
02-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Laz - Did you post pictures of your 2007 Outback? I searched your posts and didn't come across them. If they are out there, please let me know. Thanks. - Deerfield

Scottys
02-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Hey Sled,
Although we live in the West Bend area we have a 3-season cabin on a small flowage lake, Big Roche-A-Cri, just outside of Adams/Friendship. The lake is about 200 acers, 2 miles long (1.5 miles of skiable water) and average 1/3 mile wide. Not very deep, max depth about 20 ft. The lake runs east to west. Start a run on the east end by the bridge and ski hard down to the dam and back and you're beat. Buzy on weekends but druing the week you do get the lake to youself.
Deerfield,
I'll give some thought to the Jamboree... July does tend to get booked for us.

Sled491
02-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Very cool. If you ever need a pull down by home look us up. Our boat is always ready to go. You can always sneak in a after work ski or two.:)

BensonWdby
02-17-2009, 08:48 AM
First thing I thought of when I saw the photos - This is on a river? If yes - how is the current?

MrsZ
02-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Hey Scottys, your wife and daughter did well, that boat is pretty! Our color selection was also a zegm family enterprise. :) I KNOW you will enjoy your new toy and your skiing may even improve! I want one of those booms too!

PS. We are the same age and my oldest (boy) will turn 12 next month too!

Sled491
02-17-2009, 07:25 PM
G, your killing the poor guy. A boat isn't "pretty", it is "cool" or "awsum" or "SWEET", something macho:)

yearround
02-17-2009, 07:40 PM
G, your killing the poor guy. A boat isn't "pretty", it is "cool" or "awsum" or "SWEET", something macho:)

but why do we always refer to the boat as feminine? she's a beautiful boat!

Sled491
02-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Yearround. I stand corrected. However I still don't believe a boat should be refered to as "Pretty"

MrsZ
02-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I am so sorry....
Duuuude Awwwesome ride!

Sled491
02-17-2009, 08:36 PM
See now doesn't that feel better :)

I just got off the phone with your husband. He would be sooo proud of you! JK

moombadaze
02-18-2009, 08:43 AM
but why do we always refer to the boat as feminine? she's a beautiful boat!

A ship is called “she” because there is always a great deal of bustle around her
there is usually a gang of men about
she has a waist and stays and it takes a lot of paint to keep her good looking
it is not the initial expense that breaks you, it’s the upkeep
she can be all decked out
it takes an experienced man to handle her correctly
and without the helm she is absolutely uncontrollable
She shows her topsides, hides her bottom and,
coming into port always heads for the buoys
:p:p

Scottys
02-18-2009, 01:04 PM
First thing I thought of when I saw the photos - This is on a river? If yes - how is the current?

BensonWdby,
The lake we're on is basicly a damned river (steam). There is a minimum current running through the lake. It's not noticable when you're in the water but when the water is still (early dawn or dusk) you can watch debris on the top float towards the west, where the damn is.

MrsZ,
I think she's a gorgeous boat:p

kaneboats
02-18-2009, 02:04 PM
where the damn is

Are you subconsciously hating the dam?

Sled491
02-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Are you subconsciously hating the dam?

In WI if you don't have a dam a lot of times you don't have a lake.

Scottys
02-18-2009, 10:51 PM
dam, I'm an mackanikal ingineer, i dont hafta speel wel,
My wife (a Psychologist) says it must be a Freudian slip. All I know is that I like black lingerie:D

Sled,
I may take you up on the offer to ski after work. How far from Germantown are you?

jmvotto
02-18-2009, 11:08 PM
welcome aboard scotty ( boy that sounds treky)

sorry to Hijack.

Ed Moomba Lance? LOL

Laz, what kinda of course do you have? is it portable? we are looking into one fro the season. i think I got the rules and regs down from the H20 Commission or whoever they really are. Just have to worry about the bass fisherman.

Dam them!!

kaneboats
02-19-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm an mackanikal ingineer, i dont hafta speel wel,
My wife (a Psychologist) says it must be a Freudian slip. All I know is that I like black lingerie:D

I have a good friend, an attorney in Chicago-- he was #1 in our law school class and can't spell his own name. He's brilliant. I, on the other hand, am an idiot -- but a fantastic speller. I'll take the lingerie in ANY color -- or none at all.