PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP - 2008 Outback no power to accessory switches

Dubwake21
02-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I am in the middle of a stereo upgrade and when I connected the battery today to test everything, I had no power to my accessory switches. What am I overlooking? The gauges pop on with the key turn, but still nothing to the switches. Is there a master fuse somewhere?

Thanks,
Jason

Reese350
02-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Check the master down by the battery. Look for the red reset button.

Brian Raymond
02-08-2009, 10:35 PM
The red button will pop the breaker when pushed, when this is pushed, a small black lever will kick out. Push the lever back up and it will reset the breaker. Hope this helps, keep us posted. Brian Raymond

1LOKMOOMBA
02-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Make sure the circuit card is pushed in behind the switches

Dubwake21
02-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks guys, the project will be on hold until next weekend, but I will keep you posted.

Dubwake21
02-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Do I risk any equipment damage if I bypass the circuit breaker and fuse to continue to diagnose?

kaneboats
02-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Wow! That would be one awesome stereo.

Dubwake21
02-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Ok, problem fixed, but I am embarrassed. Thanks for helping me focus on the circuit breaker. Yesterday was a long day, and seeing that the wire coming out of the circuit breaker for power supply was coated in black conduit with a ring of black electrical tape around it at the terminal ring, I assumed Skier's Choice was telling me this was a ground. It was not :D

The system is loud, and I love my WS420 so far.

Thanks guys!

J

Dubwake21
02-15-2009, 10:57 PM
I have a new problem. It seems I am overdrawing the system when I hook everything up. I can can not run the stereo for longer than a few seconds before it turns off, nor can I run more than 3 accessory switches for a few seconds. The breaker doesn't neccessarily trip each time, I just lose power. The weird thing is that whenever I remove all the stereo wires, and run only the main battery termianls and the fuse box/circuit breaker wires to the primary battery, I still lose power. Any ideas? Low battery(x 2), loose fuse, bad grounds(to the negative terminals).... For example, when I turn the courtesy light switch, they come on at the beginning and immediately go out everytime I flip the switch...

I am so frustrated, thanks in advance. Sometimes I hate my hobbies :D

moombadaze
02-16-2009, 10:02 AM
I am so frustrated. Sometimes I hate my hobbies :D

Glad to hear some one else has this issue.

Good luck

Dubwake21
02-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Bump... any suggestions?