PDA

View Full Version : Insurance????

Moomba XLV GG 2007
02-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi everyone!!!
So here is my problem. My familly and I have a chalet near a lake. We bought our first wakeboat (my parents always had sailing boats) 2 years since now. Im 17 turning 18 on march. The thing is that I would like to drive the boat by myself (moomba xlv Gravity games editions 2007 340hp). My parents tell me that they would allow me (beacause last summer i went out 2 times without parent in the boat) to take the boat out. But they dont want to beacuase they keep saying that no insurance compagny can cover me. I have passed my boating liscence (card) so theoraticaly i could drive any boat with no supervision. Do you think that i am too young to get protected by a compagny?? Is it true thats it takes 21 years old???please help me...summer is comming soon.

kaneboats
02-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Mom and Dad may be giving you a line of BS. I don't know if there are driver restrictions but you can bet that if there's an incident with you driving they'll get dropped.

Northofthe49th
02-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Hey GG07
You need to prove to your parents that you are that you are responsible and mature enough to be trusted with something thats worth over 30k.
I Gave my son the truck and boat last year when he was 17 Only because he has earned my trust and he knows what he is doing.(I still called every hour).Keep your nose clean and it will happen.

I did list my kid as one of the primary drivers
But every carrier has different rules

zabooda
02-03-2009, 02:32 AM
You need to check with the insurance company as each one has different rules.

04OUTBACK
02-03-2009, 11:01 AM
My policy lists my wife and myself as both drivers of the boat. They should look at adding you as an additional driver..

BW

zabooda
02-03-2009, 02:10 PM
04Outback is your wife the only one that can tow you or does your insurance have provisions for others? I'd be SOL if my boat insurance company put names down as drivers as I go out with someone different all the time. In this state, he would have to get a boating license first.

04OUTBACK
02-04-2009, 10:19 PM
I am not positive on coverage of others. I just have both of us listed as drivers. I would assume they would cover.. the boat is insured... I hope anyway..