PDA

View Full Version : New Boat - Supra 21V

mark540
01-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi guys and gals, even though I don't post much I enjoy reading posts almost every day. Have been an Outback owner(still am) for about two years, and while it has been a great boat, we(family and friends) really started to enjoy wakeboarding and wakesurfing. And Even though Ed G will tell you, it is possible to surf behind a Outback(and we did) it is a little shallow for a lot of ballast. So the search was on for a for a LSV until I found a deal I couldn't pass up on a 2008 Supra 21V, which was my dream boat that I thought was out of reach. The other forum is a little slow, so I hope I am OK posting a couple of pics and taking advice from here.

It is all black, with the 340 cat motor, Z5 and few other small things, they actually come pretty well loaded standard.

Thanks for looking, Mark

Wake Master
01-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Great looking boat.

1LOKMOOMBA
01-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Awesome boat.

wolfeman131
01-30-2009, 11:26 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet lookin' boat!

deerfield
01-31-2009, 12:05 AM
mark540 - Very, very nice. Anyone in the SC family is welcome, so don't be a stranger to the Moomba board. - Deerfield

04OUTBACK
01-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Very NICE.. Congrats..
Was the swim platform extra? HA

mark540
01-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks. As far as the swim platform and Z5 canvas, I had a longer drive with a few nights of hotel stays, so I decided to put them in the truck. Safe and sound, clean too!

You can see in the one pick that the speakers where stolen at the marina a week before I picked it up. THey gave me some sony speakers, but I was thinking about using Polk DB651, anyone use these? Thoughts?

Now I just am hoping for warmer weather, April is usually doable here with booties and a wetsuit, but I am hoping for March, the boat does have a heater!

Right now spring seems a long way off as we got nailed with snow, and didn't get a chance to get the boat in the garage in back so it is taking up the car's hiding spot, so he is not happy..........

04OUTBACK
02-01-2009, 10:07 AM
DB651s are nice.. Crutchfield had the MMC650s on sale for $69 recently.. if you can find that, get the MMC650s.
I had db651's in my last boat. they were Way better than stocks' in 04!

smokedog2
02-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Nice boat,A friend of mine has that boat (06) in Blue. He is a skier and it will work pretty well for that and yes, it is easy to surf behind.

But dude - March? I have a dry suit and the answer is still no. I don’t like to break ice with fiberglass.

Maybe in May, …. Maybe.

mark540
02-01-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm hoping for no ice, we have done it before in March(younger years, and had to break the ice at the dock to get to open water) I have a Jetpilot 5/4/3 that could probably work in 40 or so degree water, maybe we'll get lucky this year. My Tige buddy down the street just added ballast a couple of weeks ago in his Z1, so I think we will be pushing the envelope this year to try out the new gear. If it get's to unbearable, maybe we will have to take a roadtrip south.

Yeah I know it's a Supra, but I hope I can hang out since it's in the family! Didn't think I would ever get one, and would have been entirely happy with an LSV. But for the same money, well.....

The other board is quite dead, and amazingly the boats are quite similar, so I consider it my big black Moomba, named Supra.........

Now to figure out how to do the retractable pylon similar to what has been talked about on here, just my luck the 21V is the only Supra without it, and they even fixed that for 09.

mark540
02-01-2009, 12:02 PM
The Polk MMc650 seem to be gone everywhere I see them, except ebay and the ones he has are refurbs, not sure I would want to do that when new DB651's can be had at the same price.

volfo
02-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Beautiful boat. Can't believe how good all black looks.

How do you negotiate a buy from a several days' drive away? Do you just work it all out ahead of time contingent on a final look?

mark540
02-01-2009, 01:34 PM
I saw it on boattrader called, talked to them, and left a deposit, and just happened to need to be there on business. So I flew out, and during the trip took some time to visit and really check it out. finalized the deal a couple of weeks later when I had to be back out there for work again, this time I drove. It was new, only 1 hour, so not really necessary I guess, but it just happened to work out so I could see it ahead of time.

Kidder
02-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Very nice!

volfo
02-02-2009, 01:19 AM
completely understand if it was new. Sorry I didn't recognize it as new - not up on the Supras. Very nice looking boat.

You definitely should stop apologizing for buying a supra! Like you said, all in the family and what a nice boat. You bought the Lexus instead of the Toyota.

Sled491
02-02-2009, 10:28 PM
That is one nice looking boat. Please stick around and post a little, we need some fresh ideas and stories around here every once and a while.

BTW, three words for you "BABES BOAT PRODUCTS", with the black your gonna love em:)

kaneboats
02-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Yup. You gotta take care of that great lookin' bat boat!

moombadaze
02-03-2009, 08:15 AM
BTW, three words for you "BABES BOAT PRODUCTS", with the black your gonna love em:)

So true-amazing stuff

mark540
02-03-2009, 09:29 AM
"BABES BOAT PRODUCTS" never heard of it, I assume you get at the marina? Definitely want to try it out.

Sled491
02-03-2009, 09:54 AM
You can order it on line. Just google it. I would get the big bucket, about 90 bucks, comes with all there products, a bunch of Micro Fibre wipes and an extra gallon of the Boat Bright. Just awsum stuff, easy, easy, easy to use and the results are second to none!