PDA

View Full Version : thinking about a new board

sandm
01-29-2009, 09:06 AM
I started on the standard hyperlite broadcast 5'6. still keep it around as it seems to be a good board to teach on. currently riding an inland surfer 4skim. yes, the hot pink one....
like the board, but thinking about getting a different board. kind of eyeing a phase5 drew daniels pro model...

anyone else riding this board?

kaneboats
01-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Nope. But I just picked up the Broadcast as I'm a newbie and expect to use it to teach everybody all summer.

sandm
01-29-2009, 12:46 PM
great board to learn on. I still ride it occasionally. feels like a cadillac compared to the 4skim. I have only had 2 out of the 12 or so people that I have taught to surf that have not been able to get up on the broadcast. pull the 2 outer fins off and it will become a little looser once you feel real comfortable with it.

kaneboats
01-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Won't be this year; I have a lot of people to teach.

Sled491
02-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Man if you check out the latest Wakesurf Mag, there are just a ton of new board manufactures out there. You should dig a little more and maybe head off the beaten path a bit and see what you come up with. Just a suggestion.

moombadaze
02-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Salty, wondering if your planning to hit the Atlanta Jam this summer at Lake Lanier?

Sled491
02-03-2009, 09:56 AM
yes , online issue should be out 2-15 , i will have a ad in this mag as well , check me out when it comes out
lakewakes wakesurfboards.
the moomba crew on this board will be able to ride them this year.

have fun picking one

Good for you Salty, I hope you get to be a Famous Board shaper, so I could say I knew you when!

sandm
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
send me some info. I have no issues trying "off the beaten path", just liked the shape of the phase5 products.

sailing217
02-04-2009, 04:32 PM
With both 4-skim and Phase5 being skim I don't think that they would be much different. I have a phase5, IS Blue, and HL Broadcast 4.9 and my next board will be TWP James Walker sig. It's a surf style and only picked it up and it's super light. Something different, although I haven't grown out of my Phase5. Demo before buying is always a good thing. I'm looking forward to boards I can try out at events this summer.

sandm
02-10-2009, 09:36 PM
nice looking, and I love the color.
I got a lot of s--t for my pink inland surfer board, so I will def. be getting that color again..

have to wait until after the boat show out here march 25th before I start to shop(to get the wife in the mood to spend money again) so I'll check ya out as it gets closer...

4-6 weeks if you want a custom color???

newty
02-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Sandm dou you ever get over th the portland area. If you do there is a local company I've been trying to help out here called react surf.
Check them out at reactsurf.com. If you do ever get over this way I'd love to take you out go and do some demo's. let me know if you have any q's.

sandm
02-11-2009, 11:20 AM
I have been to their website a few times and am intrigued. get over to portland about every other year. have been talking about a spring trip to play heron lakes great blue course again, as it kicked my arse last time, so if it happens, would love to take a ride.

if I'm not mistaken, one area of portland along the river was a topic of much debate to ban boats with any ballast??

newty
02-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Let me know!!