PDA

View Full Version : What is this Yuengling you easterners speak of?

newty
01-28-2009, 10:38 PM
How do I put this... I love beer!! And after a little research on the subject I've found they do not distribute that stuff on the best coast.
I see its a domestic and there are many styles and flavors. Is it a brewpub style or what?
Anyone want to send me a sample or 12. ;)
Do you guys have Widmer or Pyrimid ales back there?

moombadaze
01-29-2009, 08:54 AM
I'll let some of the more experianced beer drinkers answer that,

sandm
01-29-2009, 08:54 AM
widmer hef rocks.... blows pyramid away....

I love beer as well, but figure there's a reason it isn't sold out here :)
after all, everyone knows the best beers come out of the pac northwest....

kaneboats
01-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Hogwash! There are great beers from all over the country. Yeungling is a very cheap mass produced beer that almost passes as a microbrew. It's a fairly sweet reddish lager. The light is excellent and nice and crisp. The black and tan is more like a wimpy porter than anything but it's light enough to drink year round. The Yeungling beers are not exceptional but the quality for the price puts it above all the big brands. And, it comes in cans to take on the boat. How many of the great micros give you that option?

sandm
01-29-2009, 12:37 PM
cans would be so nice. we have never taken bottles on the boat. too hard to dispose of.
most of the time, we drink either coors light or keystone when on the lake(yea, let the bashing begin).. my sis really likes keystone for some reason, and since she buys most of the beer, that's what we drink. I am really not a beer snob. I'll drink most anything, but even more so on a nice hot 105deg day on the water. all the light beers go down way too smooth and easy....
around the house or out at a bar, I like to try different brews.
I have heard a lot of yeungling. figure I'll run across it eventually, but haven't seen it out here yet...

GeauxTigers
01-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Hey newty, can you get Fat Tire up by you?
Good stuff!

wolfeman131
01-29-2009, 05:12 PM
we brew our own

How many of the "friend" requests is Salty gonna get now?!?!?

Oh yeah, I'm glad he's on my lake. :p

Sled491
01-29-2009, 05:29 PM
we brew our own

Salty, why doesn't that suprise me :) Is there anything you don't do for yourself? If not how are you coming on the home brew fuel for the Moomba?

moombadaze
01-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Just sent my friend request:D, and next question is how far away is his house?

1LOKMOOMBA
01-29-2009, 07:57 PM
I like Coopers pale ale. And Beer in general.

kaneboats
01-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Allright, Salty, I'm looking forward to sampling some of your fine product. My brother just brewed his first batch so I'm probably going to be getting into it too. I've always wanted to do it. I can count on you for tips I'm sure.

newty
02-01-2009, 03:04 AM
GeauxTigers Fat tire is everywhere up here! Its on tap evrywhere as well. Its pretty much a staple in the NW.
Hey Salty, I do a little dabbeling in the home brew dept as well. Just racked a alaskan amber... I call it beer candy! My mouth is watering as we speak. I have to admit the NW has some great beers around here.

JesseC
02-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Yeungling is the closest thing we have to Fat Tire or Avalanche which you should have access to both. I just got back from a week in Breckenridge and I drank as much Fat Tire and Avalanche as I could hold! I really wish we could get the two of those, but for some reason it is not available in the South/East area. Yeungling claims to be the oldest brewery in the United States, it has a good smooth crisp flavor and like the others said is available in a can which is perfect for the boat!