PDA

View Full Version : Why Moomba? Why Now?

ncarrera
01-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Check out the article on the front page of the website. Click on the:
Why Moomba? Why Now? button on the right hand side of the page.

The article features quotes from Moomba owners Ed G and Patrick Biggins.

Thought some of you might find this article interesting, especially since most of you have personal experiences that reflect exactly what we here at Moomba are trying to say to those thinking of buying a Moomba.

Let me know what you think.

kaneboats
01-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Great article. Who is this Patrick guy anyway?

ncarrera
01-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Great article. Who is this Patrick guy anyway?

It's Kane Boats...It's you!

Beautiful quote by the way. Really.

Mrs.Daze
01-29-2009, 07:45 PM
That's really cool guys!

cgriebs
01-30-2009, 12:01 PM
About the only thing I what I want to know about the "why moomba" page is who the blonde is in the boat? ;)

Seriously, I think I'm the only Long Island Moomba owner! Drove all the way to Rochester this past summer to pick up a 2006 LS. Love it. And yes, I bought it because it offered tons of value. My friends have MC, and Malibu, but they admit, my boat is all they really needed.

I'd buy another in a New York minute.

Sled491
01-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Dude you da man, welcome to the family and the DD fraternity

kaneboats
01-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Yea, griebs, welcome aboard!

cgriebs
01-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Yep, love them Moombas (and their women)!

BTW - I logged 60 hours on my machine (salt water use, and yes it's flushed) on the north shore of LI between July 15 and Oct 15. I was forced to put it away because I couldn't get anyone to ski with me in November!

Kills me to have to walk by it parked in my driveway every evening when I get home after work! Can't wait to rip that shrink wrap off this spring! Lookin' to book 100++ hours this summer.

Best "big" purchase I've made in my life. The family is still kissing my ass for this. Everyone from LI who's seen this machine loves it. And, when I tell them how reasonably priced they are, they're slack-jawed. Kills the MC guys! I will admit, the MC boats I saw at the NYC show a few weeks back were well detailed from a "build" standpoint. Can't justify the price though.

kaneboats
01-30-2009, 06:19 PM
I wondered where the heck you've been cuz we haven't seen you on here. Now I have the answer-- on the water!! Hope all the ice melts soon and you have a great year. Be sure to stop in here regularly.

moombadaze
01-30-2009, 09:07 PM

BTW - I logged 60 hours on my machine (salt water use, and yes it's flushed) on the north shore of LI between July 15 and Oct 15.

now that is some water time being logged

Sled491
01-30-2009, 10:24 PM

BTW - I logged 60 hours on my machine (salt water use, and yes it's flushed) on the north shore of LI between July 15 and Oct 15. I was forced to put it away because I couldn't get anyone to ski with me in November!

Kills me to have to walk by it parked in my driveway every evening when I get home after work! Can't wait to rip that shrink wrap off this spring! Lookin' to book 100++ hours this summer.

Best "big" purchase I've made in my life. The family is still kissing my ass for this. Everyone from LI who's seen this machine loves it. And, when I tell them how reasonably priced they are, they're slack-jawed. Kills the MC guys! I will admit, the MC boats I saw at the NYC show a few weeks back were well detailed from a "build" standpoint. Can't justify the price though.

This last part about "well detailed from a build... can't justify the price", is about as well as that can be stated.

cgriebs
01-31-2009, 12:15 AM
I wondered where the heck you've been cuz we haven't seen you on here. Now I have the answer-- on the water!! Hope all the ice melts soon and you have a great year. Be sure to stop in here regularly.

I will for sure. I've been poking around here since I started shopping for a boat. The forum members and the admin people seem very personable.

BTW - Gotta give Reed in the parts dept. (at the factory) kudos. He gladly took an order from me for a decal which had to be cut by the guys in the vinyl shop. I made him aware of my situation (nearest dealer being 3 hours away), and he was very accomodating. Heck, on top of getting a well built boat at a reasonable price, I'm getting personalized factory service. :D

Wanna talk about personal service: the northeast regional sales manager, thinking I was still shopping for a new machine, actually called me on my cell phone while I was trailering my LS to the water the first weekend I had it! He wanted to let me know that if I was still considering new, he would "fit me in" on the "line" in the factory, and see to it that I would have a boat prior to the end of the summer! Holy smokes! It killed me to have to tell him that I had just bought a new/used Moomba, and had just brought it in from Rochester no less. I wonder if Rick Wagoner would do that if I ordered a new Vette? This stuff only happens to me. :p

To this day, I can still remember the look on my wife's face when I finished that phone call. We just looked at eachother in disbelief - and pissed we didn't order new. LOL!

Did I mention I had a great experience buying a Moomba this summer!

ncarrera
02-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the input.

You know it is our owners that make our jobs so rewarding.

Thank you!

jmvotto
02-04-2009, 10:07 PM
cg,

you get that from silverlake marine or from a previous owner. the people at silverlake are great, of course i am slightly biased.

welcome aboard

Joe

cgriebs
02-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Hey Joe,

Yep, Silver Lake. I dealt with Skyler who was very helpful, and knowlegable about the product. Bear in mind, although I'm a lifetime boater (and prior commercial fisherman), I never did the ski boat thing. Super nice guy to deal with. Their parts guys were personable as well. Real nice people!

Silver Lake sold the boat originally back in '06 and they were doing the former owner a favor by listing it for him. I happened to bump into the listing on the web and after some back-and-forth, I jumped in my truck with a check in my hand hoping the boat was "as advertised". Six hours later I found myself on a nice lake in Rochester taking my first cruise in the LS. What a morning! Loved the boat from the moment I pulled into the driveway!

I stayed at a real nice hotel in the area that evening, treating myself to a steak dinner and a few brewskies to celebrate. The hotel I stayed at had a Bennigan's right next door! Talk about a perfect day! Sunny too! I even got to power wash my Silverado at one of those help yourself car washes. I hadn't had that much fun (by myself) in a long time. Really fun trip.

I woke up around 5am the next day and met the owner in his driveway. I was hooked up and off on my way back to Long Island at around 5:30! I insured the boat while I was driving home on the interstate! LOL. Got home at 1pm, shot over to DMV, then to my insurance guy to pick up the policy. All chores finished by 3pm! Done! Helluva two day project!

Love my Moomba!

mimoomba
06-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Nat,
do you mind if I quote or cut and paste some of your stuff onto my Michigan Moomba Facebook page?
I'll make sure I quote the source(s).
BTW, matbe you cansend the word out to our local dealers and have then jump on it too.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=88332474034