PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Jamboree

wolfeman131
01-24-2009, 03:55 PM
No specifics yet but . . .

YES!!!

Atlanta Marine will be having another Jam at Lanier in 2009.

I've asked Lisa and Kurt to keep me posted so I can pass all the important details along to everyone here.

Additionally, I spotted a Yeungling van in the local Kroger parking lot this morning. They are now distributing in the Atlanta area at both Kroger and Publix. This should save many of you the extra weight when towing up to GA later this summer!

Sled491
01-24-2009, 07:30 PM
You didn't enjoy last years lunch? Or are you just trying to make sure Natalie shows up :)

moombadaze
01-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Yeungling--This is good news

Jamboree --this is great news, cant wait.

Sled, Reese350 Bring the boat and family-its just a short tow south.

Reese350
01-24-2009, 10:45 PM
We would love to. Hopefully the timing works out. I'll keep my eyes open for more details.

Sled491
01-24-2009, 10:58 PM
I believe we would absolutly love to, but I don't think we'll be pulling the boat any farther than Tennesse this summer. I will however probably be in Florida March and Easter break if anything is going on. If not you are all welcome to come diving with me and hang out with the kids at Disney!

Sled491
01-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Well Ed isn't it obvious, the bite was to make sure the burger was more to the Mrs. liking :) LMAO that's funny. I hope no one did get sick.

moombadaze
01-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Dy ice bombs are in the encyclopedia too. We can buy the dry ice at the 7-11 just before you get to the campsite guard shack, You shoot coke as far as thirty feet away

this sounds like fun

kaneboats
01-26-2009, 10:38 AM
The biggest problem with the food was the facility was over its head for the crowd. It ruined the schedule for the day because lunch took 2 hours. It has to all be ready at once (like the BBQ in Tampa) so folks can eat and run.

Good news about the Yeungling in the Hotlanta area. Glad to hear it. I was hoping they would sponsor a Nascar driver and that would take care of that.

Glad to hear they are having the jam. I hope they get their date scheduled quickly for early planning.

moombadaze
01-26-2009, 02:06 PM
chicken strips and burgers ready to go would be good.

Speaking of food, i would like to do a bonfire on one of the islands in the middle of the lake and then do dinner on the beach, other than hotdogs any other ideas.-Friday night?

Then with Ed's spot light lighting the way we can have that midnight cruise back to the campground

moombadaze
01-26-2009, 04:29 PM
I was also thinking we would do the midnight cruise back to the campground on Lake Griffen as practice

not a bad idea, one thing that will be nice about Lanier will be the lack of glowing red eye's looking back

kaneboats
01-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Let's hope so.

moombadaze
01-26-2009, 06:04 PM
how do you guys (from Florida/S Georgia) feel about caravaning up-i know its a few months away but just thinking.

kaneboats
01-27-2009, 03:17 PM
It would look very cool on the road. But, I don't like doing that because the drivers get too worried about staying together and it creates unneccessary pressure on a long drive. If any of you guys do this, please be careful and just exchange cell nos. in case you get separated.