PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Boat show

Sled491
01-22-2009, 12:59 PM
So I attended the Phoenix boat show last night. Just a couple of observations for all.

One that is one small show, I guess I should note this is the desert.

Two, talk about dead. It was like I walked in after hours or something. I have to assume the weekend wiil be better or I hope so for the event orginizer and exhibitors sake.

Three that was on heck of a wakeboard pond they built. Made the one from Milwaukee last year look like a small puddle.

Four, the show in my opinion was dominated by Tournament boats manufacturs. All other boat types and styles together only added up to the tournament style boat numbers. This is of course good for someone like me checking out everyones stuff.

Five, SC was very well represented, with plenty of shinny new boats to look at. Although I must point out that compared to some of the other manufacturs our XLV and 24SSV are looking like small boats now. Whats up with these Giant 100k+ wakeboard boats. It's crazy, some of these I couldn't even launch in my lake much less drive around, and I don't have any size restricitions on my lake!

Look for my notes on other parts of the boards for more detailed observations.

sandm
01-22-2009, 02:20 PM
ours isn't until march 26th. sucks, and I am sure it will be dominated by '08 leftovers based on our supra/moomba dealer here buying 32 leftover skiers and malibu boats from closing dealers, and the centurion dealer still peddling several leftovers via mailers.

deerfield
01-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Sled - Where in Phoenix is the show venue? Is it downtown? My impression is that Phoenix is big and getting bigger, and it can be a pretty long drive getting from point A to point B. - Deerfield

Sled491
01-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Deerfield. It's right downtown beside Chase field. I think very easy to get to, but the show is still very small compared to McCormick Center.