PDA

View Full Version : Catch 22

Sled491
01-18-2009, 09:59 PM
SO as everyone has probably already quessed or heard there are some great Boat Show specials right now. Man if you can swing it and are just getting into it nows the time for sure. Very nice LSV's for 43k!

Here's the catch, I think the pricing is great and I would seriously consider upgrading, but now you can't get squat for you old boat. And by old I mean 2 yrs olds! I know, I know last year every one was getting top dollar for there old boats. But quess what, not now.

Heck Sea Ray is giving 100 grand off of 40 ftrs! Too bad my wife gets sea sick easy, ha ha. for 400 grand I would have one heck of a moving lake house! :)

zegm
01-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Sled,

You should seen the look on MrsZ face when she opened up her 401k statement today!!! Talk about losing money!!!!!

ian ashton
01-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Sled,

You should seen the look on MrsZ face when she opened up her 401k statement today!!! Talk about losing money!!!!!

LOL! And everyone says boats are a dereciating asset!!!

Razzman
01-19-2009, 09:29 AM
You're right on the mark here Sled, that's why i'm super glad i got my LSV when i did for the price i did! I was fortunate in that i was also able to sell my old Tigé for more than it was worth also! Soon after my dealer closed and then this economy mess six months later. I KNOW i'll be keeping mine for a long time! :o

Sled491
01-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Z, unlike our boats that will continue to depreciate over time regardless of economy, G's 401 will bounce back. As you know I'm sitting on inventory that long ago stopped being a revenue producing entity and currenty is and will continue to be until the day these houses sell money loosers, no bounce back there.

jester
01-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Well it is a good time to buy a new boat. Since your old boat will not return anything on it guess you can have two boats. One for the lake house and one to haul around. Think about the options you would have with two great boats.

Sled491
01-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Jester, I'm with you 100%. I have long preached that you should have a AWSA ski boat and a sperate V drive as well. Just a little thing called college. I have 3 kids that need to go and I'm pretty sure 2 of the 3 are going to cost me full bore.

Heck if it were no problem, I'd have the Sea Ray 400 Sundancer pulling my ski boat all over the place. But as it would turn out my wife and I don't seem to see this picture the same way:(