PDA

View Full Version : regular service

murraymoomba
01-16-2009, 10:11 PM
When everyone changes motor oil do you also change tranny oil and v drive oil? Dealer wants about 300 bucks to do the "full service", Just wanted to know how often tranny fluid needs changing. It was changed at 20 hrs and 63 hrs. now it has about 125 hrs.
We have a 07 moomba outback v.

thanks
Travis

Engine Nut
01-18-2009, 10:04 AM
That info is in your Indmar Engine Owner's Manual. It says to change the trans and v-drive oil at the first service (10-20 hours) and then every 300 hours or annually whichever comes first.

moombadaze
01-18-2009, 04:51 PM
I just change all 3 fluids at the same time-trans and vdrive are easy to do when doing the oil and its only a couple quarts of fluid anyway. Engine Nut is a indmar guru and nows what he's talking about, i was just letting you know what i do. I do them myself. I did take my new boat to the dealer for the 1st service and not sure what they did other than change the oil and ive only added a couple hrs since then and will be changing all 3 fluids before spring is here.

murraymoomba
01-18-2009, 07:21 PM
I do know that the dealer was going to change all fliuds and filters. I just thought 300 bucks was just a little high. I'm not a very good mechanic but I can change oil, I need to look thru the manual and find out where all the filters are, and what type of fluids.

Thanks for the info