PDA

View Full Version : Drive-By-Wire throttle

Garn
01-16-2009, 05:11 PM
I have a 2007 Mobius LS (Direct Drive). I want to get Zero Off Cruise Control for it. Zero Off requires drive-by-wire throttle. Does anyone know if the 07 LS has DBW throttle? Is there a way for me to just look at mine and know if it is DBW or not?

Thanks for your help,

Garn

maxpower220
01-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Make sure that you call Zero Off and talk to Jeremy (or email them). There is no plug and play ZO for pre-09 Moombas. I believe that all 07 and later Moombas are DBW.

To install ZO in your boat, you will need to splice into your wiring harness. At least that is what Jeremy told me in Dec when I talked to him. He said that in the future, they would have plug and play. I understood that to be at earliest this summer (09).

Sled491
01-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Garn, your boat is DBW, but as Max pointed out no easy way to install Zero Off. If your interested in a GPS system you would have an easier time with PP's GPS system

Jon
01-21-2009, 12:57 AM
You can also buy a new ECM for
Your engine that is compatible with zero off

Garn
01-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Thank you for your help. I called Zero Off and they confirmed that I would have to buy a new ECM like Jon said. That is $600.00 by itself. That would take the total over $2000.00. That's just too much to pay. I'll probably look into PP Stargazer. Bummer.

Garn

Sled491
01-22-2009, 12:21 PM
I don't know why you would be bummed. From conversations with guys competing in and driving in Tournaments the PP Star Gazer is still the better system. Don't be sucked into the advertising propaganda by Zero Off.

maxpower220
01-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Perfect Pass has a DBW Star Gazer 3 Event system that is plug and play for your boat. In fact it replaces your Moomba Cruise, so you don't lose your Speedo. It costs $1049 direct from PP and installs in about 30-60 mins.

ZO is doing a good job in advertising and they are making that system more skier friendly. But mostly, they are the only choice if you are good enough to be in a tourny and they are the future of every tourny ski boat.

For a chump like me, Moomba cruise is good enough.