PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot Booms

nyuk-x-3
01-13-2009, 10:32 PM
I hope someone can help me.

I'm looking to get a barefoot boom.....looking at the Barefoot International booms & I can't remember (even guess) how far past, if at all, the side windshield extends past the pylon. They say there's a different boom for more than 8" past the pylon. My boat's in storage out of state right now so I can't check for myself (I want to jump on it now before my wife changes her mind).

The boat's an '02 Outback.

If anyone can offer any other advice or suggestions on booms I'd appreciate it.

snowboardcorey
01-17-2009, 12:54 PM
On the 2006 Outback we have in stock either the Universal Contour Boom or a Straight Boom would work. You may want to check out the Contour Boom as it works on far more boats than the straight meaning you can keep it if you ever get a different boat or if you want to use it in a buddies boat.

snowboardcorey
01-17-2009, 12:56 PM
This is the Universal Contour Boom.

maxpower220
01-18-2009, 02:24 PM
I have a BI curved boom in my 08. It fits/works with the windshield. Hope this helps.

bamaspiveys
01-18-2009, 08:09 PM
The Universal Contour Boom is the way to go, and the height adjuster is the greatest invention ever for booms.

I don't think the straight boom will work on your boat.

BarefootCentral.com is a great place to get the boom and other barefoot gear.

My boat is for sale on ebay and there is a good picture of the height adjuster in the listing.

here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200300544190

nyuk-x-3
01-19-2009, 01:05 AM
Thanks all!

& thanks for the heads-up on the height adjuster, Bama....I can easily see the benefits/convenience of that. I guess I could just bid on your boat (looks good btw) & solve my boom problems. I see the logic in that....somehow I don't think the "better half" would - lol.