PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to a Boat Show? Got Dates/Locations

ncarrera
01-13-2009, 06:10 PM
The 2009 Boat Show Season has started off much better than anticipated, despite economic dampeners.

Supra and Moomba boat shows in Houston, TX and Portland, OR both started off the season with a bang! Aggressive dealer promotions in conjunction with Moomba’s incredible factory boat show savings program (Pick 5 for $495) created a tremendous buying atmosphere that many jumped on!

Inquiries about the latest partnership with Liquid Force and the all new Outback V have stirred more than quite a bit of excitement at both shows. And the Liquid Force Special Edition promotion has guests stoked about a chance to win a day with the Liquid Force Pro of their choice.

To view a list of upcoming Boat Shows and your nearest Moomba dealer’s boat show go to: http://www.moomba.com/events/boat_shows.html

So who I am going to see there?

SEARK
01-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Probably Little Rock or Hot Springs in February just to check out the new stuff.

ncarrera
01-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Sweet...stop by to see us!

For those in the market to buy, let them know Moomba has the best pricing of the decade available at upcoming Boat Shows...for real.

snowboardcorey
01-13-2009, 07:21 PM
I'll be at the Minneapolis show from the 21-25 of January. I'll be there everyday.

Razzman
01-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Wish i could but the California Bay Area & Sacramento shows have been cancelled due to lack of interest and high rates from the promoters. Last i heard there was talk of a RV, Sports & Boat show later in the year .. no thanks.

wolfeman131
01-13-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm plaqnning to sneak out of the office tomorrow to check out the Atlanta show.

You gonna be there Natalie?

jmvotto
01-13-2009, 08:05 PM
I should be at the Rochester, NY show in february

hope to see you there. ;)

04OUTBACK
01-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Natalie,
I see Jackson, MS listed as last weekend... I went down there and saw NOTHING.. Did it get cancelled?

ian ashton
01-13-2009, 09:16 PM
I am going to trek up to Toronto this weekend to check out the SC sponsored humongo indoor wake pool!

Will you be there?

Reese350
01-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Heading to the Detroit show on Feb 15 to see the new Moombas and watch the wakeboarders at RailJam!

ian ashton
01-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Heading to the Detroit show on Feb 15 to see the new Moombas and watch the wakeboarders at RailJam!

I'll be there tooo!

tazz3069
01-13-2009, 10:02 PM
I will be going to the show in Las Angeles, Calif. I will be taking some friends and dad.

zegm
01-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Well last year I could take the family for a 5 1/2 hour drive to the nearest boat show to pick out a boat. I can't get the family to drive that kind of distance just to attend this year.
Wish the world knew about the Florida Panhandle, we have local boat shows but the inboard ski world ignores us. It gets lonely down here, especially in the winter when the gators are off sleeping somewhere.

nyuk-x-3
01-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Chicago show tomorrow!!!

S'pose signing on a new V-drive wouldn't get me 85 degrees + sun here tomorrow, huh?

Sled491
01-13-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm heading to the Milwaukee show this coming weekend. Brian is already calling me to see if they can talk me into a new boat. Better be a d$% sweet deal!

Ian I went to the Toronto show last year. The show istself is amazing, especially with the indoor lake. The Moomba presence was smallish, but there.

kaneboats
01-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Well last year I could take the family for a 5 1/2 hour drive to the nearest boat show to pick out a boat. I can't get the family to drive that kind of distance just to attend this year.
Wish the world knew about the Florida Panhandle, we have local boat shows but the inboard ski world ignores us. It gets lonely down here, especially in the winter when the gators are off sleeping somewhere.

True, true! I call the Tallahassee one the "Fishin' Boat Show". They had no boats for anything else.

VA LSV
01-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Charlotte 2/8 to see what's new. Usually find great deals on gear.

Reese350
01-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Ian, maybe I'll see you there. My boys wakeboard coach rides in the RailJam so we'll be there watching that most of the time.

SJTLMT
01-14-2009, 09:34 AM
I am going to the Atlanta boat show tomorrow I will keep ya'll updated

ncarrera
01-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Dang it..I am sceduled for differnt show listed..but we always send someone to the shows.
Every department here has the chance to get out and work shows with our dealers.

It's a great opportunity for us to help our dealer. And how often do we get to sit down one on one with our existing and potential customers...so we love it! This is our chance to get out and see what you think and to help you understand more about the products we build.

It's also an opportunity to demonstrate the responsive and interactive relationship you will experience when you own a Moomba. You’re not only buying a boat, but you are buying a relationship with the manufacturer and its dealer...you guys know this first hand...I’m preaching to the choir!

Anyway, Sorry about the MS show. I will find out what happened???

So those of you who have been, what did you think about the new model line up?

My next stop is Hartford...anyone going there?

ncarrera
01-15-2009, 02:01 PM
I need a hug.

I'll see you in Orlando

Woo Hoo! Hey what would you think if we held the Worlds in Orlando? It's just a thought...

ncarrera
01-15-2009, 02:02 PM
I am going to the Atlanta boat show tomorrow I will keep ya'll updated

So what did yo think about the Atlanta Show and the new model line up?

kaneboats
01-15-2009, 02:15 PM
We'd all go. That's for sure.

moombadaze
01-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Woo Hoo! Hey what would you think if we held the Worlds in Orlando? It's just a thought... Great idea and..

how about a jamboree at the same time--ring side seating for some owners-great photo op for next years brochures current owners all rafted up

BWeber
01-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Just came from the Chicago show. Overall I am disappointed with the show, but the Moomba/Supra dealer had some beautiful boats to look at. Ill end up going to the Iowa City show again in Feb.

Sled491
01-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Just came from the Chicago show. Overall I am disappointed with the show, but the Moomba/Supra dealer had some beautiful boats to look at. Ill end up going to the Iowa City show again in Feb.

What was it about the show you didn't like?

Reese350
01-15-2009, 09:28 PM
We would definately fly down from MI for Worlds if it were in Orlando.

smokedog2
01-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Cinci Sat. I will be bringing a boat looker - maybe buyer along.

When his kids got in my buddies Supra, they all said they wanted one.

They have a wakeboard but could never get any one up behind the 4winds.

I think we can do better.

I'm looking on line for a smoking deal on a wakeskate and rashguard shirts if anyone sees one.

SD2

kaneboats
01-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Smoke - on the rashguards there were some deals online on that backcountry.com site. Not all sizes but some of the prices were good. Also, on the West Marine site they had O'Neill ones on closeout but mostly you had to be in store. I ordered from another store with some other stuff and paid the shipping. Worth a look. Same thing with their wetsuits.

ncarrera
01-16-2009, 11:13 AM

Bummer that the show wasn't that great...but pretty sweet that the Supra and Moomba dealer shined. Thanks for your input. Curious, what is your favorite model, gel coat scheme and graphic?

ncarrera
01-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Great idea and..

how about a jamboree at the same time--ring side seating for some owners-great photo op for next years brochures current owners all rafted up

I have to say...I like the way you think...That goes for Kaneboats and Ed too!

Double D
01-16-2009, 11:20 AM
A good friend of mine is a professional fisherman. Part of being sponsored by a boat company he has to go to the boat shows and help sell that particular boat that he drives and sign autographs for the boat company. So he is at all the major boat shows.

He is indicating to me that right now people are NOT buying boats. He said it is too early to tell, but by the time the Minneapolis show comes round he believes we will know what kind of an impact the economic decline has had on recreational vehicles. Used boat prices are dropping rappidly he indicated.

Now that comes from somebody who's line is fishing. He talks Alumacraft/Crestliner/Lund and my eyes go blank.....I talk Moomba/Mastercraft/Malibu and he asks where the live well is located and how does a 400 hp inmar motor troll.

It will be interesting to see if sport boat sales remain at the same level they have in previous years and if the fishing boat sales remain as well.

-24 degrees, 50 inches of snow on the ground, and there is 35 inches of ice on the lake.....I figure I got time to keep looking.

BWeber
01-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Bummer that the show wasn't that great...but pretty sweet that the Supra and Moomba dealer shined. Thanks for your input. Curious, what is your favorite model, gel coat scheme and graphic?

I have been looking at the GG Edition for the last year, but I dont like the red for the 09'. Also, decided I didnt need the XLV size, seeing that I dont like enough of my friends to want to spend a weekend at the lake with that many of them to fill the boat. Looking to get a fully decked LSV this year. Probably going the route of a all white hull and wrapping it with some sick skin. But we will see.

kaneboats
01-16-2009, 10:03 PM
That's a cool combination. Stays fresh too.

Sled491
01-16-2009, 11:52 PM
I got off the plane from Phoenix to -2 F. Holy crap. Drove home to find out my plans for the evening were to take family to movies. I'm OK with that, but half way throught the movie my phone goes off. It's a buddy of mine. When I get home I check the message. It's actually Brian from local dealr Lauderdale Lakes Marine calling me with my buddy from the boat show floor making a joke that if I'm "ready to trade there ready to upgrade me". Man I can't get away from this stuff :)

deerfield
01-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Sled - Welcome home. I went to the Chicago show on opening night. Visited with the guys at the Skiers Choice booth. Talked with Brian. Best booth at the show. Sunday I'm going to the Milwaukee show with Judy, the boys, and a few of their friends. Love this stuff. Just wish it was warmer. - Deerfield

snowboardcorey
01-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Finally got above 0 degrees last night and hit a whopping 18 on the drive into work today!!!

We start set up for the Minneapolis Boat show on Monday, show opens on Wednesday. Hurray for shrink wrap, looks like we'll be hauling boats in the snow!

Sled491
01-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Deerfield, what time you heading over sunday? We were going to go saturday night but with working all day at the island moving my field stone over the ice I'm just gonna go out for dinner and call it a night. So I was going to go Sunday afterr lunch. Let me know if you'll be there. I'll PM you my cell #

deerfield
01-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Sled - Change of Sunday plans. Instead of Milwaukee, the family wants to go to the Chicago show. Beats me. I'd rather go north to the Milwaukee boat show where the parking and admission are cheaper. Would even stop for dinner at Famous Dave's near Racine or Kenosha on the way home. Again, I loose to critical mass. Just like with the dog and buying a second car. Enjoy Milwaukee. Check out the vintage boats and remote control toys. - Deerfield

ian ashton
01-18-2009, 02:22 PM
My hopes of heading to Toronto Boat Show today were crushed by the snow storm yesterday/last night. It also didn't help that instead of getting my duties done we went to the Piston's game, lol. I got to wake up to a driveway full of snow that needed shoveling, and a dirty house that needed to be cleaned.

Oh well, we've got Detroit & Grand Rapids coming up...

zegm
01-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Hey if all that snow stuff and sub zero temperatures are causing boat show issues we will be glad to host it here in Panama City!!! Hotels are not quite full of the Ontarionites yet!!!!

ncarrera
01-19-2009, 12:48 PM
I have been looking at the GG Edition for the last year, but I dont like the red for the 09'. Also, decided I didnt need the XLV size, seeing that I dont like enough of my friends to want to spend a weekend at the lake with that many of them to fill the boat. Looking to get a fully decked LSV this year. Probably going the route of a all white hull and wrapping it with some sick skin. But we will see.

Hey have you checked out the Liquid Force Special Edition Package just released in December? Attached a drawing of graphics. It comes loaded with:

APPEARANCE FEATURES:
- Custom Liquid Force Graphics
- Custom Gelcoat Patter
- Tower Mirror Bracket
- Cast Pop-Up Cleats
- Custom upholstery
- White Stainless Steel Rubrail
- Kenwood Stereo with remote control access for driver
- Docking Lights
- Kicker 4-Channel Amp
- (6) Powered Kicker speakers

PERFORMANCE FEATURES:
-Multi-sport Wake Plate
-This feature enables riders to change the shape of the wake to meet their individual
preference. In addition, it allows the driver to smooth out the ride in rough water
conditions.
-Gravity III Ballast System
-Add weight with the touch of a button. Increase the size of the wake and balance it
evenly heelside and toeside.

moombadaze
01-19-2009, 08:15 PM
oh crap-now ive just seen a boat that i would(if i could) replace my current boat with

edit:
wife is breathing over my shoulder going NO-stop the madness

Sled491
01-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Ah Daze you crack me up LOL :)

BWeber
01-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Hey have you checked out the Liquid Force Special Edition Package just released in December? Attached a drawing of graphics. It comes loaded with:

APPEARANCE FEATURES:
- Custom Liquid Force Graphics
- Custom Gelcoat Patter
- Tower Mirror Bracket
- Cast Pop-Up Cleats
- Custom upholstery
- Kenwood Stereo with remote control access for driver
- Docking Lights
- Kicker 4-Channel Amp
- (6) Powered Kicker speakers

PERFORMANCE FEATURES:
-Multi-sport Wake Plate
-This feature enables riders to change the shape of the wake to meet their individual
preference. In addition, it allows the driver to smooth out the ride in rough water
conditions.
-Gravity III Ballast System
-Add weight with the touch of a button. Increase the size of the wake and balance it
evenly heelside and toeside.

Are they going to throw in a new board with that as well? Cant buy a new boat with out a matching board to ride.

kaneboats
01-20-2009, 11:46 AM
oh crap-now ive just seen a boat that i would(if i could) replace my current boat with

edit:
wife is breathing over my shoulder going NO-stop the madness

Well, the one you have is already sold-- just let me know when to pick it up.

moombadaze
01-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Well, the one you have is already sold-- just let me know when to pick it up.

If you can get MrsDaze to ok this ,I'll have it ready as soon as she say's ok.--

Sled491
01-20-2009, 12:28 PM
I see the Phoenix boat show starts tomorrow the 21st. I guess I'm going to hit this one as well. I'm just not sure there will be a SC presence there, but I'lll let you know.

moombadaze
01-20-2009, 12:32 PM
dang Sled, You do get around.

ncarrera
01-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Are they going to throw in a new board with that as well? Cant buy a new boat with out a matching board to ride.

You never know...Dealers are throwing in deals.