PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Upgrading '08 Outback V

RobertJ
01-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Hello my Moomba Friends, I am thinking of upgrading from my '02 LSV to a new(demo) '08 Outback V. Basically I have been told this is the same boat as far as the hull goes. I can't afford an '09 although maybe someday.
Here is my dilema, my current boat is great but it has many shortcomings for how we use the boat. None of them are huge but they just mean lots of projects. I can make the change for around 10K so here why I am thinking of making the plunge.

'02 '08
No warranty Full Warranty (boat is a demo with 100 hours)
No Bimini Bimini
5.7 Carb 5.7 EFI
No Heater Heater
No PP (but I have it) Moomba Cruise
Fixed Tongue Swing Tongue
4200# single axle 5200# single axle
no ballast Gravity 1
no bolster Bolster
red and white solid white
'02 upholstry '08 upholstry
no grill mount Grill mount

My wife is a little hesitant with the current economic conditions, but my Company is strong (Edible oils, margarines, shortenings, mayo's, and others) and I have been with them for almost 19 years. I hope you can give me some things to ponder. I looked pretty hard at some new '07 Supremes, V208 for 30K, they are factory repo's from a major West Coast dealer that went out of business. I really want to stay with in the Moomba family. The Company and it's dealer, AWS in Portland are awesome.

Thanks.

Reese350
01-08-2009, 09:51 PM
For $10k difference, it sounds like a steal. I would go for it! I pondered a leftover 08 V as well.

zegm
01-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Ahhh Go For IT!!!!

Of all the boats that one could afford the one that holds its value the best is an inboard ski boat!

We sold a 1975 MasterCraft this past summer for 4.5k!!!!

And if everyone in the US panics and holds onto all of their money then this is only going to get worse. We got to get the cash flowing again!!! And like you said you are in the food business, this is the one business that is NOT going anywhere, everyone still has to eat!!!!

Go for it and enjoy the smell of the new Boat!!!!

smokedog2
01-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Hours on your boat?- because if you use it, it is money well spent. If you have 100 hours, why bother.

Tower?
If it has one, I'd go for it. What is the interest rate spread?

Sled491
01-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Look at this way. If you loose your job you just need to get a vendor license and sell burgers, brats and dogs on the lake. Get the slushie machine going and you should be golden:)

Other than that wow 100hrs on an 08, that's a well used boat.

kaneboats
01-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Does sound pretty dang good. If you loved the old one you're sure to love the new one.

moombadaze
01-09-2009, 08:25 AM
did you go pick it up yet???

RobertJ
01-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I am getting close to getting it. I wil run up and look more closely at it on Sunday before I fly out of town. Thanks for all your feedback. My current '02 has 485 hours. This new '08 has a little over 100 hours but it was a demo for a local wakeproduct mfg (wakekite). it will still have a full factory warranty 4yrs engine ect. Our family will put about 30-50 hours a year on a our boat so the 100 hours won't be a big deal. The dealer took good care of the boat while it was a demo and the 20 and 100 hour service have been completed.

One drawback is that it is all white, not very eye catching but less color matching when you get a scratch. I bet it would look cool with a half-wrap.

I do owe money on my old boat but I am not backwards and will get some trade equity. I can also get 6.39% financing from USAA.

The big question is buy now or wait a few years until the '09 Outback V 's are available used at a good price point. I am okay with the shallowness of old style LSV/Outback V's but the depth of the new Outback V's and LSV's sure would be nice.

kaneboats
01-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Sounds like you're really doing your homework. White is the easiest color to dress up. I think a half wrap would be slick on it. It sounds like it's close to perfect for you. You could be running this one for a couple years and then grab an '09 or newer then. Good luck to you!

jester
01-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Robert,

I am also in Oregon. I purchased my 08 outback V from AWS and i think my test drive was on the boat your looking at. It is a Great boat. AWS is a good company and i am going to buy my next boat from them when the time comes. If you would like to know more send me a PM. Good luck in your buy.

Mike

jester
01-09-2009, 08:28 PM
I also forgot to add that the '07 Supremes, V208 is from Staff Jennings? i looked at them and that boat and all of the other brands before i got my Moomba and i would not recommend anyone to buy at Staff Jennings.

Sled491
01-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Ed, I believe he is comparing his old LSV which was the same as the Outback V back in the day. He, I believe was refering to the fact that your new boat has the new hull shape, versus his current boat or the 08 Outback V

RobertJ
01-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Ed and Sled and the rest of you, I hope you guys are doing well and thanks for the valued opinions. In regards to hull design I was referring to the fact that both the '06 and newer LSV's and the '09 Outback V's have new hulls. Actually, they are both a better boat, deeper, for me in the long run but they are both a little higher priced then I want to go. Also, the '06 and newer LSV is a little longer and I like the 20' size. As you know the old, prior to '06 LSV, and the Outback V, Prior to '09 are the same boat. Confusing, I know.

Sled491
01-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Yeah, what he said:)

RobertJ
01-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Missed it. My wife and I decide '06 or newer LSV or wait for a year or two until the '09 Outback V's hit the used market. Thanks for all your help and advice.