PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing news.

Sled491
12-23-2008, 04:36 PM
I just found out today that I guy that I knew from back in my racing days Mike Schultz had a sever accident in a qualifying race in the ISOC national series at Ironwood MI. He was just coming up as I was getting out, but we shared the same track, same pits and went to the same drivers meetings, you get the idea.

So it turns out that his knee and lower leg was so badly damaged that after 5 surgeries they decided to amputate his leg just above the knee. I had a hard time reading the email, and reafirms my decision to pull my kids out racing this year and just spend the winter trail riding together.

Stay safe these holidays everyone :)

kaneboats
12-24-2008, 04:36 AM
There is no answer to your message above. Driving a car or fllying in a plane can be dangerous on the wrong day. You have to take the risks for a sport you love. But, you don't have to impose it on kids that haven't decided for themeselves. Our prayers are with your friend.

yearround
12-24-2008, 11:06 AM
second Kane's thoughts. we can do so many things, often we may seem invincible. then God lets something happen to remind us of who is really in charge.

sar
01-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Your kids will be better drivers on the road because of racing. I only race the clock though. Solo II and a motorcycle track (1 car width with passing only in the straights - slow and coordinated)