PDA

View Full Version : Any lift experts in the group?

Reese350
12-17-2008, 10:31 PM
I need to buy a lift this year for my LSV. I've cornered a 3 year old 4k lb, DC powered, Hydraulic Shorestation branded lift local to me. Originaly owner with 7 years left on the warranty. I've got them down to $2900 without the canopy. Model number is SS-V40120HDC. Seems like a reasonable deal to me, any thoughts?

deerfield
12-18-2008, 12:46 AM
Reese - Paid approximately $4,000 for a three-year old, 4,000 pound, manual lift Shorestation with new canopy frame and canopy. Bought the set up from a dealer. We have really appreciated the convenience of having a lift and not trailering the boat. We have an '08 Outback. - Deerfield

Sled491
12-18-2008, 02:03 AM
Dude, a 3 yr old Hydrualic lift for 2900 bucks? Killer deal, but make sure you go out and buy the canopy. That lift was about 5k new right?

jmvotto
12-18-2008, 07:36 AM
That's a great deal. i priced a shorestation with canopy and electric lift last year it was about 7500.00. As sled said get the canopy if you can.

Enjoy

Reese350
12-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks guys. The dealer said it was $6,800 new 3 years ago. Since we don't have a place on the lake (yet), we have to keep it at a yacht club and we aren't allowed to have canopies. They said it "obstructs the view" for the diners. Otherwise, I would be all over the canopy. Sucks but beats trailering. I'm going to head over this morning and buy it. As always, I appreciate the input guys.

Happy Holidays!

Reese350
12-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Deerfiled, lift looks great but your boat looks better. I love the color combo. I think that's my next color. Very sharp!

deerfield
12-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Reese - Found the receipt. The new canopy frame and canvas were $1,849. The used lift was $3,100. Sales tax was additional. Also, I paid the dealer $550 to assemble the canopy and install the lift at our slip. The Shorestation lift model # is SSV40108. Have really enjoyed keeping the boat at the lake and under cover. And yes, we are big on the colors black and red. Glad you like the combination. - Deerfield

randal
12-19-2008, 11:42 AM
What is the process for winterizing or pulling them out in the winter? I'm hoping to get a boat soon and this is an issue I'm trying to work out. I was thinking about one of those inflatable mat type lifts since they'd be easier to pull out in the winter. We'd be keeping it at a marina so going into the water their to work would best be avoided!

Sled491
12-19-2008, 12:25 PM
I don't think the mat type will work for a DD or VD boat. How would you keep the prop and rudder from puncturing the mat, there is no tilt and trim.

I leave my lift in the lake for the winter and have been doing so for about 5 years. Depending on how your ice goes out in the spring this may be an option or not

randal
12-19-2008, 12:43 PM
There's a bit of a channel down the center and you have to get a rubber mat that goes over it I believe. Also you put it in neutral before you slide it in.

I've never seen one in person, just read about it. Apparently they work on boats with fins too, although I'd be a little wary that it would put too much stress on the fins.

I'll have to ask the marina about leaving a lift in over the winter. That would be the simple option.

deerfield
12-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Randal - A marine dealer pulls the lift at the end of the season, hauls it to a storage yard, and power washes the frame. We keep the canopy canvas at our house for the winter. Come spring, the marine dealer hauls the lift back to the lake and drops it in place at the slip we rent. Because the owner of the slips pulls the pier to keep it from ice damage, we have to pull our lifts. I think the cost of pulling and storing the lift is $150. The cost to drop it back in place is $75. - Deerfield

Sled491
12-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Big Spender :)

jmvotto
12-19-2008, 03:12 PM
we pull our dock and hoist, the ice will take it out if not careful.

Reese, my brother-in law is a Shorestation dealer in sturgis MI, let know when ou need the canopy or other accessories.

Reese350
12-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Good to know JV, I appreciate it!

deerfield
12-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Hey, Sled - I'm the big spender??? You're the one with the practically new, perfectly good boat. I hear your dropping some green to dress it up with new decals. - Deerfield

c.rix
12-19-2008, 09:57 PM
WOW I guess I got a Killer deal on my shorestation 4 years old 5k lift with electric dc lift for 1000 bucks the only thing is the guy I bought it from decided to drop the control box in the lake so the remote wont work I need a new control box for my lift

If anyone works at a shorestation dealer and wants to help a fellow moomba owner on a control box PM me

Also a canopy is probably a good idea too

OldeBoy
12-19-2008, 10:38 PM
What is the process for winterizing or pulling them out in the winter? I'm hoping to get a boat soon and this is an issue I'm trying to work out. I was thinking about one of those inflatable mat type lifts since they'd be easier to pull out in the winter. We'd be keeping it at a marina so going into the water their to work would best be avoided!

I have one of these lifts from airdock.com. I used it on my Boomerang last summer. It worked fine.

atarpill
12-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Last winter I bought a FLOE boat lift, it was a leftover 07 VSD-4500 which for 08 was re-rated for 5000 and all the factory was going to do was change was the stickers. It was brand new still in the box and all I had to do was assembly it which took about 4 hours and the help from one other person. I think I paid $4800 for the lift, full length bunk boards, guide poles (2 single and 2 double), and solar charger. The lift is 24 volts that has a lot of cool features like easy leveling legs that you can extend out with a cordless drill, I can install and remove the lift by myself with the help fo their float and roll boat lift system that I bought for approx $1500. Its definately a boat lift to look at if you are considering buying one.

http://www.floeintl.com/docks.asp?pageName=docksLiftsMain&sm=4

jclay5
12-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Last winter I bought a FLOE boat lift, it was a leftover 07 VSD-4500 which for 08 was re-rated for 5000 and all the factory was going to do was change was the stickers. It was brand new still in the box and all I had to do was assembly it which took about 4 hours and the help from one other person. I think I paid $4800 for the lift, full length bunk boards, guide poles (2 single and 2 double), and solar charger. The lift is 24 volts that has a lot of cool features like easy leveling legs that you can extend out with a cordless drill, I can install and remove the lift by myself with the help fo their float and roll boat lift system that I bought for approx $1500. Its definately a boat lift to look at if you are considering buying one.

http://www.floeintl.com/docks.asp?pageName=docksLiftsMain&sm=4

Sweet boat! :p

Sled491
12-20-2008, 11:45 AM
That is definately a sweey lift, oh and that Supra isn't bad either :) I have such low water that one of those hydraulic lifts would actually be a probelm for me, which really sucks as I want one just for the remote!

Deerfield, what can I say, but the graphics were still cheaper than your canopy!!

Aquaholic
12-20-2008, 12:26 PM
I have seen the lift with the remote....really nice. If i'm understanding correctly that lift is for shallow water right?

deerfield
12-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Aquaholic - How in the world do you raise/lower that boat? The pier is in the way. It appears that the bow extends a good eight feet out over the pier. - Deerfield

Sled491
12-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Hey Aqua good to hear from you. They say that it is good for shallow water but compared to my regular cable cantiliever lift it requires at leat 6 to 8 inches more water.

IS that your set up? How does it work? How did the bow get over the dock?