PDA

View Full Version : do any of you ride air chairs?

mustangairchair
12-17-2008, 09:54 PM
i ride a sky ski this 02 lsv makes a great wake without any ballist . it makes the pop on the chair fly like crazy. my larson on a normal jump i would get 4 feet of air on the lsv i get 6 to 8 feet. i will try next year with the ballist full.

yearround
12-18-2008, 12:49 PM
i have only chaired enough to be able to hold on and not dolphin too much. i have even been able to ride and let go by choice, not forced due to uncontrol flying. would love to do it more, but the chair is so big, and need another tower rack. the rocky mtn hydrofoil guys ride with a supra and other IO, they get 20+ out on the flats, they don't appear to need a wake.

Roachman
12-19-2008, 03:35 PM
I ride a sky ski. True you dont need that much wake to get some significant air but the more weight the better. I always ride with my ballast full and it definitely helps. Those guys that are getting 20+ ft are usually going about 25-27mph. I usually ride at 23 and love my LSV's wake with the ballast full.

moombadaze
12-19-2008, 04:38 PM
never have but would love to try

mustangairchair
12-19-2008, 08:50 PM
never have but would love to try

once you get the hang of a air chair you will do nothing but ride the chair and can't get enough

kaneboats
12-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Just looking at that thing scares me.

bamaspiveys
12-20-2008, 11:31 AM
I bought one last year and love it. Took a while to get the hang of it, but it is a blast!

I dont use the wake to jump, and technically you don't either, even when you are weight forward and the ski is on the water the dynamics of the hydrafoil will over power the ski. in other words even when the ski is on the water, you are riding the foil. The weight shift, angle of the foil in the water and speed is what gives you lift. So in theory, if you ran at a wake, with the ski on the water, as the wake got bigger you would increase the angel of the foil but you can achieve this same angle in the flat water without the wake, and that is what makes this thing so cool to me. Riding in flat water at 20+mph and pop 8 feet in the air!

Aquaholic
12-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Ive been riding an Airchair for a number of years... love it.

mustangairchair
12-21-2008, 12:25 AM
Just looking at that thing scares me.

no there so cool i can ride for a long time and not get worn out

mustangairchair
12-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Can you do skidders are flops?1848

mustangairchair
12-22-2008, 11:15 PM
here is a cool skidder rooster tail as high as my son . the file i tryed to put in was to big1849

Roachman
12-23-2008, 10:51 AM
We call those head slappers "Forward Scorpions" because when your foil catches and you are thrown down to the water it is about as quick and the same motion as a scorpion's tail striking.

yearround
12-23-2008, 01:53 PM
roach, i was looking at your profile pics. do you have a special rack for the chair or does it fit in the regular rack?

i haven't been able to see any of these skidders(but please not your shorts), head slaps, scorpions what ever. i would usually lean back too much, fly out of the water and land on my head.

Roachman
12-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah that pic on my profile is actually a surfboard rack that I would set the sky ski in. I have since upgraded to a swivel rack which makes loading and unloading so much easier.

Northofthe49th
12-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Sky ski rules so my son says
I'm just getting the hang of it now
My kid well he took to it like a duck to water the first year we had it
He landed a flip Its amazing to watch him he makes it look so easy
The key is having good balence
But once you get it its addicting
The unfortunate part is he needs the pro model Skyski
And they are not cheap
Its a great day on the lake when you start out slalom then go to wakeboards
then the tubers are out messing things up
So you strap into the Skyski
Because water conditions don't affect your ride

Roachman
12-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Definitely don't let him ride a LE38 or Foiltech then because he will fall and love and the foil alone is 3K.