PDA

View Full Version : ballast pump???

c.rix
12-14-2008, 10:54 AM
So I am going to upgrade my rear ballast to 750's and the going to figure out a way to add another bag to the port side under the seats for surfing.

I was wondering if there is a bigger or faster intake pump i can put on in place of the stock. IMO the stock is under sized for the stock set up let alone adding ~1000 lbs of water it would take an hour to fill the bigger bags.

Also, if I add another bag to the system all I need to do is plum in another sprinkler valve and wire it to the dash (my boat already has a ballast switch on the dash) for the controll voltage? Then get another pump to pump out the water from the extra bag does that right?

If anyone has any experience with doing this upgrade please chime in

04OUTBACK
12-14-2008, 02:34 PM
try this.. pretty helpful info..
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=6028&highlight=gravity

c.rix
12-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Thanks that is very helpfull

Is there any way to upgrade the fill/empty so its faster ?

jmvotto
12-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Can you get those orbit sprinkler valves at Home depot on line, mine obviously has seasonal items and probably not in until spring up north in the frozen tundra.:D

c.rix
12-14-2008, 09:40 PM
I was at depot the other day and they still have them on the shelf! I just need a garage heater so I can get this figured out!

I plan on putting the stock 400 behind the seat on the port side then drill a drain hole in the side so it looks stock.

jmvotto
12-15-2008, 07:53 AM
C.rix,
Are they in the garden center or the plumbing area?

jmvotto
12-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Ed, i can't seem to locate an online reatailer for them. John Deere landscapes is where they point me. and no hunter valves mentioned. Is this the new valve on the OBV "grey whale"

Speaking of the whale i saw the ski wake in the new water ski magazine ( o9 OBV) looks better than the OB ski wake pages 108 and 110.

c.rix
12-16-2008, 09:38 PM
JM-they have them in the plumbing area at our local depot

Ed- I will locate the hunter valves locally Im just getting some things together for this project thanks for the advice!

I wish my boat didn't have sprinkler parts but I really don't feel like drilling more holes in the boat