PDA

View Full Version : bracket on swim platform

mustangairchair
12-10-2008, 10:36 PM
have any if you seen the v bracket on the platform is worn. in the waves the platform moves up and down does not fit tight thanks

sandm
12-11-2008, 09:58 AM
yes, mine did the same thing through the holes where the pins go through. you can have an aluminum welder fill the holes and re-drill them, or buy replacement brackets. I paid $100 for 2 new brackets from our dealer, but I would suspect that there are better deals out there.
If you are surfing, there is a different bracket number that tilts the back of the platform out of the water and really helps the surf wake. I will look up the model number when I get home...

mustangairchair
12-13-2008, 02:08 AM
yes, mine did the same thing through the holes where the pins go through. you can have an aluminum welder fill the holes and re-drill them, or buy replacement brackets. I paid $100 for 2 new brackets from our dealer, but I would suspect that there are better deals out there.
If you are surfing, there is a different bracket number that tilts the back of the platform out of the water and really helps the surf wake. I will look up the model number when I get home...

thanks alot i don't no if my dealer has or can get the factory brackets. it is a small dealer. i was thinking of welding them op and grinding them down to the perfect fit?

sandm
12-13-2008, 11:42 AM
def. doable, just make sure you get a good aluminum welder. having someone who knows what they are doing will be the key to a long weld life..

c.rix
12-14-2008, 11:06 AM
I wonder if It would be better to have a machine shop drill out the hole more and press a stainless insert in. It would give you the strength of steel on the contact hole and spread the load over a bigger area on the aluminum so hopefully the aluminum wont oval out again

jasonba1
12-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Let me know what year boat you have. There is a guy in Maryville tn Viper Customs that is actually in the old supra moomba plant that has parts everywhere and his prices have usally been cheaper than anywhere around. He does all my boat work .

Sled491
12-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Hold on here. Sand, are you saying SC makes a platform bracket for surfers? How come no one knows about this, this is a great idea. Please more info, pics, and #'s when you can.

mustangairchair
12-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Let me know what year boat you have. There is a guy in Maryville tn Viper Customs that is actually in the old supra moomba plant that has parts everywhere and his prices have usally been cheaper than anywhere around. He does all my boat work .

my boat is 2002 mobius lsv

jasonba1
12-16-2008, 09:07 PM
I will call viper tomorrow and see what I can find out.

sandm
12-17-2008, 11:06 AM
I'll start a new thread this evening and post pics of the old and new brackets, unfortunately not on the boat, but you will get the idea :)

mustangairchair
12-17-2008, 09:42 PM
I'll start a new thread this evening and post pics of the old and new brackets, unfortunately not on the boat, but you will get the idea :)

that sounds good thanks for the help i put other questions in and no one replied. were do you get the brackets from?

jasonba1
12-18-2008, 02:59 PM
I found those brackets for you at Viper customs for 35. I sent you a PM so check it. Hope it helps if you need something else let me know