PDA

View Full Version : loss of throttle?

Hillbilly
11-25-2008, 03:11 AM
Every once in awhile when I give my 07 LSV throttle to pull up a rider it will go into what seems like a limp mode or safety mode where it kills the power? Sometimes it will just happen for a second and then pull on up to speed and sometimes you actually need to stop and drop the rider or drag them.

Think loose wire or what? Anybody else have this issue?

Thanks guy's Jeff

kaneboats
11-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Sounds like two different things that were discussed on here not too long ago. One was a perfect pass issue. The other had everybody trying to troubleshoot everything from bad gas to fuel filter replacement, etc. Try running some searches. Good luck!

Hillbilly
11-26-2008, 02:38 AM
I don't have PP but thought it could be in the Moomba cruise, As long as it keeps running.

snowboardcorey
11-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Does it happen after you shut the boat off and then turn it back on? I've seen some cruise control systems get "stumped" by this, not sure why but if you are going to shut the boat off it's a good idea to shut the cruise off, just make sure to turn it back on when you start pulling again.

Hillbilly
11-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Well I know if I do not turn off the cruise between riders it has no throttle sometimes when I go to pull up the next rider.

It happened the other day with the cruise off, But it is always momentarily?

Oh well I will have the dealer check it out when I get it serviced.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY

Glassguy001
11-28-2008, 01:31 AM
I had the same problem with my 06 XLV the dealer thought it was the perfect pass but it turned out it was the pedal positioning sensor. They were over tightening the sensor out of the factory.

Hillbilly
11-28-2008, 06:32 PM
I will have to look for that? Thanks for the heads up..