PDA

View Full Version : We our 2003 Outback LS yesterday!!!!

moombaschleg
08-13-2002, 02:15 PM
Well, we just missed the cutoff for ordering a 2002, so our dealer sold us a 2003 for the same price and threw in the cover. We were going to wait til spring, but got a real tempting deal....We got and '03 Outback LS with CD, pop-up cleats, stainless steel rub rail, cover, and depthfinder for 24,500.

I tried to research inboards intensely, and Moomba was clearly the best choice for our budget. I watched this message board for weeks and read of several small problems, but overall satisfaction. Electric/dash problems were among the most mentioned it seemed. There is a change with the electrical which I will describe in a moment; an apparent remedy attempt.

We are coming out of a 4 cyl runabout, so we obviously have a lot of learning to do, but are anxious to get our boat on the water. New this year (that I know of so far)....a larger, more functional CIPA mirror, a widened armrest in the cockpit, a thicker band at the top of the windshield, brand new graphics for the side and back, and an integrated dash with circles for the d/f rather than being just stuck on the side above the throttle.

As I mentioned earlier, my dealer noticed a new electrical hookup for the dash. There is actually a separate set of battery cables which mount onto the top-mount screws on the battery. The cables power the dash and radio, and even have their own breaker.

Feel free to contact me with other questions......

Wish me luck on our first voyage in a couple of days!

RickT
08-14-2002, 09:23 PM
In addition, It will also have an all new rear seat...which doubles as a ballast tank. All new interior stiching(top stich) just like the 02 Supra's had. New base gray and beige colors as well. And alot of other little things...I hope you enjoy the boat. Sounds like you got a heck of a deal. The new graphics look really nice on that boat.

Rick

11-21-2002, 11:03 PM
We just bought a 2003 Outback and love it!!! It sounds like you got a pretty good deal. We bought our regular Outback for 23,000 and felt pretty good about it until I just saw that you got an LS for 24,000. Good luck with the boat!

waterboy
01-05-2003, 05:23 PM
Congratulations....my wife and I graduated from a 4 cylinder as well. Boy, were we terrified first time we took out our spanking new Outback LS. That was a year ago, and we still have an ear to ear grin when we get to the boat ramp. We love the boat, the quality and perfomance is top notch, and it's the sweetest looking boat (white body, yellow accent, tower with an American flag flying on it) on the lake. Hope you enjoy your boat as much as we do ours.

waterboy
01-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Congratulations....my wife and I graduated from a 4 cylinder as well. Boy, were we terrified first time we took out our spanking new Outback LS. That was a year ago, and we still have an ear to ear grin when we get to the boat ramp. We love the boat, the quality and perfomance is top notch, and it's the sweetest looking boat (white body, yellow accent, tower with an American flag flying on it) on the lake. Hope you enjoy your boat as much as we do ours.

CWS_Kahuna
01-30-2003, 12:20 AM
Congrats on your purchase. Sounds like you got a great deal.
Did you get to take the boat out yet?

Let us know how it went?

dave k
02-09-2003, 03:28 PM
So how's the boat? I'm considering a 2003 Outback and would like to hear about your experience so far. Thanks.

tygger6069
02-13-2003, 02:41 PM
Congrats on the new outsback. Hope you enjoy it when you get it in the water. Sounds like a really sweet deal. Have you thought about having the RAD A CAGE tower put on it also. We have a 2000 KAMBERRA that we ordered with thw tower and love it!!! Just a thougth. Its great for all kinds of water toys and fun!! Enjoy and have fun!!

tygger6069
02-13-2003, 02:42 PM
Congrats on the new outsback. Hope you enjoy it when you get it in the water. Sounds like a really sweet deal. Have you thought about having the RAD A CAGE tower put on it also. We have a 2000 KAMBERRA that we ordered with thw tower and love it!!! Just a thougth. Its great for all kinds of water toys and fun!! Enjoy and have fun!!