PDA

View Full Version : New Board

dtlaine
11-17-2008, 11:06 PM
I am thinking about buying a wakesurf board, and I don't really know where to start. I'm about 6'4", and I weigh in somewhere in the 240 neighborhood. I ride a 144 wakeboard, and I know that's not made for someone of my size. I've surfed a couple times, and I enjoy it, but I'm truly a beginner. Any advice would be appreciated.

MAPWPD
11-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Hey bud,
I am 6'4 250 and I bought new this year the CWB Ride and I ride it along with my nephew who is 9 and 80 lbs. It is a good board, but I was never able to find the sweet spot behind my 2008 Mobius LSV loaded with a four foot swell behind it. I even had real surfers unable to find it, so not sure if it was the board or us but it is a versatile great handling board and wake surfing is a good time but it takes away from wakeboarding. But it helps pass the time when the lake is a zoo and flat water is scarce. Hope I helped.

kaneboats
11-18-2008, 10:33 AM
What do you mean, "it takes away from wakeboarding"?

MAPWPD
11-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Because you are surfing instead of wakeboarding
I also forgot to tell you I got my 90 lbs niece up with me with her standing in front of me on the board and now she is wakeboarding and wake surfing huge accomplishment with that one

kaneboats
11-19-2008, 02:54 PM
OK. I guess sleep and work take away from wakeboarding too. :D

04OUTBACK
11-19-2008, 03:32 PM
DTLAINE,
If you are willing to spend a bit, boardersbestbuy.com has the Inland Blue Surfer Quad for $399 today only.. that is a DEAL.
I have the Blue lake and it is an easy board to ride and is very stable.

dtlaine
11-19-2008, 07:19 PM
I saw the boardersbestbuy.com deal this morning. What's the difference between the two-fin and four-fin (other than the obvious)? Ed, thanks for the heads-up on the two-fin. Are the two extra fins worth $50?

dtlaine
11-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Gracias. I may give them a call. I will check with Santa to see if he can he can hook me up first.

No.

In my opinion, they are not worth the extra $50 unless you plan on learning to do tricks, flips, 360 degree turns and are an aggresive rider.

Average "I'm happy just to free ride in a staright line" doesn't need 'em.