PDA

View Full Version : Snow Ski Season is here

GeauxTigers
11-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Well Moomba friends, my boat is sleeping it off until next Spring. In the meantime, most of the Salt Lake area ski resorts opened this past weekend. The irony of it was that the high temp yesterday was about 55 degrees. We wore our spring ski outfits and took the whole family up there. We did not have a big base to ski on and it was kinda slushy but we still had a blast. Now I can stop singing the blues about not being able to wakesurf or boat and can enjoy my boda bag around the neck while carving up the pow!

:cool:

Sled491
11-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Nothing liked some early season linked 11's, especially when the weather is fair.:)

deerfield
11-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Just back from four days at Beaver Creek CO. Wonderful weather. Did not ski. Mrs. Deerfield and I just kicked back and relaxed. Slept late. Browsed. Enjoyed the mountains. Read. It was great!

Sled491
11-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Deerfield, what the heck? It's not like my email doesn't work any more! I could have used a relaxing weekend in the mountians.:)

jmvotto
11-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Utah, Colorado I am jealous. we have two inches on the ground as we speak,
watching the browns bills game. Likely be melted tomorrow. Maybe Killington in a couple weeks, opened last friday.

go dawgs

deerfield
11-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Sled - We would have had fun with you and the Mrs. You and I could have skied Breckenridge or Copper. Both had snow and were open. Mrs. D and I drove twice to Breck to look around Main Street and visit some of our favorite summit shops. Mine is Racers Edge. The speed shots below are from a collection of photos on the second floor wall where they do the boot fitting. Given your accomplishments in ski racing, thought you would appreciate these pictures. Found a Starbucks right at the I-70 exit to Copper. Back at Beaver Creek, only sixteen out of 197 rooms at the Park Hyatt were occupied. It was wonderful to get away for a few days to a quiet place and completely focus on Mrs. D. She made me a better person and is the love of my life. - Deerfield

kaneboats
11-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Great for you and the Mrs. Those pictures make me want to go back. It's been since the twins were babies. I think it was Jan. 2001 -- almost 8 years since we've been out there. Too long.

jmvotto
11-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Kane, How old are you twins. My twin girls are 11 going on 16 :p

GeauxTigers
11-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Deerfield... awesome pictures. I will take the camera up instead of the boda bag next weekend when we go skiing again and I will upload a few. Beaver Creek is awesome. I have been there once. I am spoiled in Salt Lake because I can drive 15 miles to Snowbird or 20 to Solitude/Brighton. I hardly ever go to Park City because it's about 45 miles. :p

We have 3 kids (11 yr old girl, and 2 boys,9 and 4). Our 4 year old has been skiing for two years and when you ask him how he skis, he just replies "Fast!"

kaneboats
11-18-2008, 12:36 PM
My twin boys are 8. So it's girl 14 (going on 20), girl 10, boys 8, girl 5, boy 3. Only the oldest one actually skied when we were in Vail in 2001. She loved it but we just haven't made it back.

Waynes345
11-18-2008, 12:48 PM
You guys are killing me with this snow and ski thread. It'll be great to keep the frozen water thread going thru the winter. My kids are on a a race team that skis in the WIJARA league here in the midwest. My 14 yr old son would just as soon be going backwards on the twin tips and my 11 yr old daughter is all about the friends, but it is a great family time and we enjoy our weekends at the little hills around the area. Keep the snow news coming.

jclay5
11-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Deerfield... awesome pictures. I will take the camera up instead of the boda bag next weekend when we go skiing again and I will upload a few. Beaver Creek is awesome. I have been there once. I am spoiled in Salt Lake because I can drive 15 miles to Snowbird or 20 to Solitude/Brighton. I hardly ever go to Park City because it's about 45 miles. :p

We have 3 kids (11 yr old girl, and 2 boys,9 and 4). Our 4 year old has been skiing for two years and when you ask him how he skis, he just replies "Fast!"

Do you live in Sandy? My good friends uncle lives in sandy its so close to the slopes. I broke my leg skiing honeycomb canyon at Solitude last January. I'm dieing to get back on some skies this year as my season last year was cut very very short with the broken leg.

GeauxTigers
11-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Do you live in Sandy? My good friends uncle lives in sandy its so close to the slopes. I broke my leg skiing honeycomb canyon at Solitude last January. I'm dieing to get back on some skies this year as my season last year was cut very very short with the broken leg.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the leg. I hope you got healed up and are ready to go again! I know Honeycomb Canyon all too well. They have some awesome runs there. I broke my left leg about 4 years ago at Alta... stupid move and before I knew it, I was face down in the snow and in pain.

I live in Draper, same difference. You just cannot beat the convenience of the location.