PDA

View Full Version : New Decals...

04OUTBACK
11-13-2008, 03:28 PM
So I have ordered the new Mobius Decals to replace mine.
After I remove the old, what should I clean the surface area with before applying new decals?
I use wax as you dry after each use so I am sure there is a bit of a glaze on there I need to remove.
Anyone have any suggestions?

gene
11-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Clean with alcohol,let it dry then use a spray bottle with water to apply the new decals.

04OUTBACK
11-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks Gene.. i was not sure about the wet application as well.

That helps a ton! allows for a little OOPS! I guess a squeegee will be good to have on hand?

gene
11-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Take a pc. of masking tape place in the center of the decal over the decal masking straight up and down. Then when you get it cetered and level, tape both ends , stand back and make sure its straight and where you want it. At this point have squeegee and water bottle in hand, remove the tape from both ends, then with the tape across the center take the front half first and pull apart the decal from the masking. Be careful not to touch the decal together, then spray the boat and decal with water and apply. Then repeat the back half work the air out as you go. P.S. You may already know how to install decals but this may help someone else down the road...

maxpower220
11-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Take a pc. of masking tape place in the center of the decal over the decal masking straight up and down. Then when you get it cetered and level, tape both ends , stand back and make sure its straight and where you want it. At this point have squeegee and water bottle in hand, remove the tape from both ends, then with the tape across the center take the front half first and pull apart the decal from the masking. Be careful not to touch the decal together, then spray the boat and decal with water and apply. Then repeat the back half work the air out as you go. P.S. You may already know how to install decals but this may help someone else down the road...

Good tips! If you are high tech, you can buy one of those cheap laser levels to help out.

04OUTBACK
02-07-2009, 09:36 PM
here is the LSV Nekked. Waiting for more time and no wind to apply the new ones..
What do you think of her Nekked?

zegm
02-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Outback,

We use 3M wax and grease remover, it will clean everything off the paint without damage to the paint. You might have to go to an autopaint store to find it.

Sled491
02-09-2009, 11:29 PM
04, it looks ok but I like what graphics add to the overall apperance of the boat.

SEARK
02-09-2009, 11:34 PM
here is the LSV Nekked. Waiting for more time and no wind to apply the new ones..
What do you think of her Nekked?

GET SOME CLOTHS ON HER, SHE'S GOING TO FREEZE BEING OUTSIDE NEKKED!!! :)

She's a good looking boat but to me she looks a lot better with the stickers on. I do like that color scheme.

04OUTBACK
02-11-2009, 10:00 AM
I have the Streak Graphics to put on her when time and weather permit...

jbhale
02-11-2009, 04:00 PM
04 Do you recall what you paid for the Streak Graphics. I got the part number from Skiers Choice customer service but was curious what the cost was from the dealer.

04OUTBACK
02-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Yep.. $87.50 each.. Ordered from Memphis Boat Center..