PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Experience

bamaspiveys
11-13-2008, 02:35 PM
So many of you know the problems I had with my selling dealer, if not there is a thread that is quite entertaining.

Present day, we have a new Moomba delaer in the Nashville area, actually I guess they have been in business about a year, but they moved from the north side (about 45 minutes from work) to the south side (about 3 miles from work)

I was very excited to hear about this as it is time for winterization. I called around 5pm earlier this week to see what their hours were and to setup an appointment to have my boat winterized, the lady told me the service dept was closed.

I called back the next morning and asked to speak to someone in service to setup the appointment, again I was told the service dept was closed.

Have any of you smart people figured this out yet, because I was clueless.

I asked what time did it open and she explained they did not have a service dept, they had decided to close it and just sell boats not service them.

SPEECHLESS

SC I can't believe a boat dealer can survive without a service dept, and I personally would never buy a boat form a delaer that could not service it.

Am I off base here?

yearround
11-13-2008, 02:44 PM
a dealer without a service department, that is new.

maxpower220
11-13-2008, 07:20 PM
They probably found that it was a hassle to service or fix broken boats. I don't blame them, I only like to use my boat. I don't have extra time or patience to be doing the servicing too. Perhaps the dealer just wants to sell boats, make money, and then ski: Perhaps you should look at his view. It seems you don't want to winterize your boat either, getting someone else to do the dirty work. Or maybe, the dealer feels that the boats he sells are so good, they won't need service (I kind of like this thought).
BTW, does this dealer have a "Buy Here, Pay Here" sign out front?

It is really sad how many businesses are run so poorly, yet they still stay in business. I really don't understand how that happens. Sorry that you are having difficulties in TN.

04OUTBACK
11-13-2008, 11:56 PM
go to Indmar's website and look for an Indmar certified shop near you. I am 2.5 - 3 hrs from 3 moomba dealers so that is my only real option without a drive!
I would have thought that SC required a dealer to service!

jmvotto
11-14-2008, 07:28 AM
well in this economy they won't last long without service, need to have both revenue streams when sales hit the skids, you will have a new one soon or they will start to service out of need.

bamaspiveys
11-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Closest Indmar shop is the MC shop. I used them but will find another place next year or do it myself. I just did not have time with work and let the time get away from me.

I guess they did a good job, but they look down their nose at any boat but MC.

GeauxTigers
11-18-2008, 12:31 PM
That is amazing! Personally, I would think Skier's Choice would like to hear from you about this. I am surprised that SC would allow a company to become an authorized dealer and have them run a 1/2 a** outfit like that.
I know they are picky about you having to purchase your boat from a local dealer instead of going out of town for better deals and then hauling it back, so I would think that they are picky about the quality of the local dealers.

Anyone from SC care to comment?

lee
12-07-2008, 11:49 PM
I belive now that Xtreme Marine has now shut down all together.