PDA

View Full Version : Amp and Subwoofer Installation

ARLINGTONMOBIUS
01-30-2004, 01:08 AM
I own a 2003 Mobius. I ordered it with the standard Kenwood stereo. I am going to use the same stereo and add a multi-channel amp to push the 6 speakers and a 2 channel amp to push a sub.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how and where to mount the amps and the sub? I want them to be as hidden and out of the way as possible.

Thanks,
Mike

01-30-2004, 06:10 AM
Mike,
Go to the second page of this catagory, there's a thread titled "CD/amp changer questions" that may help. I added an amp to my Outback in the storage area behind the passenger seat.

Brian

waterboy
01-30-2004, 06:25 AM
Mike,
Do to the second page of this catagory, and read the "CDchanger/amp" thread, it should help you find what you're looking for.

Brian

noneya
01-30-2004, 11:12 AM
I'm putting the same setup in my 03 Outback right now, we are putting the sub behind a small bulkhead near the battery and the amp I am going to bolt to a piece of plywood and mount to the side under the passenger side.

Kent and Carol
02-02-2004, 02:38 AM
Use a nylon cutting board for your backing to mount your amp. These can be cut like wood, are cheaper than getting nylon type marine stock from the marine supply store and are avaliable all over the place, are cheap and will not retain moisture or any musty smell as plywood can. I mounted my amp in my outback on the port (left) side under the glove box on the vent frame.I removed the air vent hose that allowed me access to the inside of the vent panel so attach the nylon board with nuts and bolts instead of screws. If you have popup cleats I recommend attaching a drain hose to the bildge as they do leak to the inside of the boat from spray or rainwater in the area of the amp mount. Good Luck...

ARLINGTONMOBIUS
02-24-2004, 01:07 AM
I finally got around to doing my install this past weekend. Kent and Carol, your suggestion for using the cutting board worked out great. I purchased the largest one I could find, and my two amps fit with a little room to spare. I removed the wrap around seat back from the passenger's side of the bow. I used some flat head machine screws with large washers, and mounted the amp board to the back of that bow seat from inside the storage area. I put the sub in the area between the kick panel on the driver's side and the bow seat on that side. So far it sounds great. I should receive my tower speakers tomorrow. I look forward to hearing it after I have installed those. Thanks for the suggestions.

Later,
Mike