PDA

View Full Version : Hose connectors for exhaust man. coolant lines

plumcrazy
11-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Been awhile since I've posted, but I've still got the 2000 Outback. She's been a good running boat with little or no problems.
The exhaust manifolds each have a coolant line exiting from the rear, and they connect together via plastic male/female threaded connectors. I'm not sure if this is stock, but if it is, does anyone know what they are and where I can get them? I broke the male end so I'd like to replace both. I suppose if they're hard to find I could use brass hose ends....
Thanks folks and think spring for those of us rapidly approaching snow!
Dave

04OUTBACK
11-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Plum
I'd probably call the dealer and see.. They can probably drop ship the parts to you.. I am not sure exactly what part you speak of...I am assuming the garden hose looking connections? See pic below?

I just ordered some stuff from Memphis Boat Center last week and had it at my office in about a week.. I am right in the middle of 3 dealerships 2 1/2 - 3 hours away so it is easier to call an order.

Best,
BW

NH Moomba
11-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Hey Plum. It sounds to me like you are describing the disconnect for draining the exhaust manifolds? Those look to me suspiciously like the parts supplied with a Prestone Flush and Fill kit you can get at the local auto parts store.

Andy

plumcrazy
11-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Plum
I'd probably call the dealer and see.. They can probably drop ship the parts to you.. I am not sure exactly what part you speak of...I am assuming the garden hose looking connections? See pic below?

I just ordered some stuff from Memphis Boat Center last week and had it at my office in about a week.. I am right in the middle of 3 dealerships 2 1/2 - 3 hours away so it is easier to call an order.

Best,
BW

It looks like they upgraded them to brass, almost like what you'd see on a garden hose. I guess I could go to a hose shop and have something crimped on. Thanks for the pic and the idea!

plumcrazy
11-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey Plum. It sounds to me like you are describing the disconnect for draining the exhaust manifolds? Those look to me suspiciously like the parts supplied with a Prestone Flush and Fill kit you can get at the local auto parts store.

Andy

Andy,
How've you been? Good to see another oldtimer still posting.
That's what I thought as well. I'm gonna check my local auto parts store and see what they have. I'd prefer something professional instead of my usual McGyver instinct.
Take care.
Dave

NH Moomba
11-10-2008, 11:59 PM
I still check in here once in a while. I might be selling the boat soon though. We are in the process of having a garage/barn built mostly because I hate shoveling the car out but partly because I'm tired of the shrink wrapping the boat. We went extra deep so the boat would fit but the contractor messed up the elevation by about 6 inches. That made the ramp so steep that the trailer hits. If anyone has any tricks (like welding some casters onto the prop protecting rail?) I'd like to hear about it. I might end up selling the boat and getting an outboard since I don't ski anymore and they are so much easier to winterize.

plumcrazy
11-11-2008, 08:45 PM
I still check in here once in a while. I might be selling the boat soon though. We are in the process of having a garage/barn built mostly because I hate shoveling the car out but partly because I'm tired of the shrink wrapping the boat. We went extra deep so the boat would fit but the contractor messed up the elevation by about 6 inches. That made the ramp so steep that the trailer hits. If anyone has any tricks (like welding some casters onto the prop protecting rail?) I'd like to hear about it. I might end up selling the boat and getting an outboard since I don't ski anymore and they are so much easier to winterize.

We're actually considering a pontoon. The kids don't come up and board as often as they used to.
I have a dip in front of my garage that causes the prop guard to hit. I bought a drop hitch bar with a 6" drop that causes the trailer to be low in the front and higher in the rear. That in combination with planks on the driveway get me up and in the garage.
It's a pain but it only happens once in the spring and once in the fall.