PDA

View Full Version : My Sister is a Producer- Please Watch

kaneboats
11-07-2008, 03:13 AM
OK, forgive me. This is a shameless plug for my sister's show. She moved to Hollywood a couple years ago and got to eventually be an assistant producer and then an associate producer. She worked on a show, a special, that won a daytime emmy last year-- "America's Invisible Children".

This show is her first crack at being THE Producer. Please watch if you can. It's hosted by Howie Long and honors folks that have served in our military and offers them a special gift at the end. There should be plugs on NFL Today this week.

“Heroes at Home” airs this TUESDAY, Nov 11th, at 8pmEST/7pm central, on MY Network TV. (Look for Heather Biggins in the credits.)

Thank you to all!!!

wolfeman131
11-07-2008, 09:44 AM
I also have a friend named Dick Ball what a name eh...

I work with a guy who is named Dick Gage.

I'm such a moron that I laugh every time I say it . . . :p

04OUTBACK
11-07-2008, 10:26 AM
a friend of my wife dated a guy..
no big deal..
Michael Long

but his Middle Name was Hardin....

DOH!

deerfield
11-07-2008, 02:00 PM
kane - That's got to be a tough business. Congratulation to your sister for sticking with it and landing a producer slot. I'll check with my kids. If we get this channel, I'll have them TIVO so I can watch. - Deerfield

kaneboats
11-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks, everybody. She's been working real hard at it for a long time and this one was her shot. Ed, her place is in West Hollywood between Santa Monica Blvd. and Sunset Blvd.

smokedog2
11-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Stopped in looking for a laugh as I tackle the morning honey do - I got one.

I remember Santa Monica - rent control, stepping over drunks & druggies to get to my now wife's apartment. Yea, she though it was great at the time.

Not a place I would want to live, but it was fun for a couple years. The beach was almost as big a freak show as the one just to the north, I’ve forgotten the name but it was like the wild kingdom except they let you out of your cars.

I haven’t been back in 18 years. Ya think it’s gotten better?

If my internet and phone were not tied to cable I would seriously consider pulling the plug. My daughter was off at a sleep over and we sat down to watch a little TV – there was nothing to watch in over 100 channels. Your sister should do well; right now Hollywood is a talent free zone.

SD2

deerfield
11-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Ed - Did you become a rock star? - Deerfield

smokedog2
11-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Venice, yep, that's the place.

kaneboats
11-10-2008, 03:51 PM
I was only there to visit last year for a couple days. Don't care if I ever go back. It was filthy and disappointing. TV is horrible because it's still based on ratings as if the sheer number of people tuned in to a stupid sit-com or "reality" (now there's a misnomer) show means it's a good show. One day they will discover that the quality of the audience is more important than the quantity. Until then, get the season DVDs of the good shows a year later and watch the whole season in 6 hours.

deerfield
11-11-2008, 11:07 PM
kane - Please tell your sister that we enjoyed the program. My wife and I watched the last hour and were able to see two of the hometown heroes. Howie Long was an excellent choice for host and did a real nice job. Very appropriate to broadcast on Veteran's Day. I hope your sister lands some more gigs as producer. Congratulations to her. - Deerfield

kaneboats
11-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks a lot. I let her know. I am sure she appreciates feedback. I noticed in the credits that it was "written by" her and she was the "Field Director". She put the whole thing together in about 8 weeks. I was a little surprised it was that good. I watched the whole thing and really enjoyed it. Thanks for watching and for the feedback.