PDA

View Full Version : Custom Fat Sac for the LSV - Please Read

cab13367
10-30-2008, 03:37 PM
All,

I am not satisified with the current fat sac size offerings as far as my 2006 LSV is concerned. First of all, for me, 1200 lbs of ballast is a good compromise between wake size, fuel economy, and storage space so I have 3 of the 10x16x70 bags that are 400 lbs each. The problem I have is that I would like to be able to put a cooler or picnic basket in the front of the rear storage compartments but the 10x16x70 is too long. The v-drive sac (16x16x42) is another option but it is still too long and wastes valuable space to the side and on top of the bag. They make an X2 sac that is close - 18x20x32 but it sells for $190 each.

So for the LSV, I think the ideal size sac would be 20x20x28. It would weigh 400 lbs when full and would completely fill the first 28" of the rear compartment. That leaves plenty of room in the front of the compartment for anything you might want to use it for.

I've e-mailed fly high about making this sac and selling it at the same price as the v-drive sacs ($200 per pair). I have to believe that this would be a good fit in the storage locker of other manufacturer's v-drives in the LSV's size range and that there are others who would be interested in it.

They told me that if he could get enough interest in making this size sac he could get the price down to $200 per pair. He said he would need a minimum order of around 100 sacs. Otherwise, to make one custom pair just for me will cost me $400.

So please let me know if this is something you would be interested in buying at $200 per pair. I will also post on wakeworld to see how much interest there is from there.

I know it's a stretch to think that 50 boat owners would want a pair of these sacs but I thought I would give it a try.

Thanks,

Al

98outback
10-30-2008, 04:22 PM
I live in jax forida and saw these on craigslist the other day. They cam out of a mastrcraft as you stated above would be close to the right sie. Maybe these will work for you. check out the link http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/871184394.html

yearround
10-31-2008, 06:21 PM
cab, i agree with you on the sac size. I would be in for the new size purchase. i don't understand why the stock bags were designed they way they are. they make the space rather useless.

so, put me on the list for the new bags. maybe we would get enough to even come down from 400?

snowboardcorey
11-06-2008, 04:04 PM
You should try to get your dealer involved, I work at an MC dealer and we helped put together the plans for the X-2 bags. We stock about 8 pair at a time and do reorders throughout the year. Nice thing about the X-2 bags is they also fit the X-15. It would be worth finding out which other boats the bags would work in, the more boats the more likely a dealer is to place an order.