PDA

View Full Version : Arizona lakes

jimmobius
10-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Anyone have info on the Arizona chain of lakes outside of Phoenix? Can you boat from Saquaro to Canyon to Apache lakes ? Thanks, Jim .

Psmartell
10-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Hey JimMobius,

I live in the Phoenix area and am happy when someone ask's questions regarding my home state. I am sad to say that you can not go from lake to lake with out towing to next lake as we have no lock systems between bodies of water.From Saguaro to the west to Roosevelt to the east is a 90 minute drive on highways. The only lake that is hard to get to is Apache which is a beautiful lake but a pain to get to one way or requires backtracking the other but is worth the drive. There is a nice hotel up there with mooring fees that are quite cheap. Let me know if and when you come on down and I'll be happy to be your guide around the great Sanoran Desert. Lots of places to ski and wakeboard and this time of year the lakes are pretty empty except us who have wetsuits or dry suits for the BIG CHILL of our 2 month long "winter"LOL

Sled491
10-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Hey what do you think about Theodore Rosevelt lake? I ride by on the Harley when I'm here working and have seen plenty of people wakeboarding in various coves. Looks very inviting. Really enjoyed getting off the plane tuesday morning to 90 degrees when leaving 34 degrees in WI

Psmartell
10-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Sled491
Roosevelt Lake is a great place to go to when you are looking for a lake with plenty of room and want to find a place all to yourself. There are at least 6 ramp areas to launch from and a nice restaurant on the lake. Roosevelt does have the tendancy to blow out easily due to the boxed in topo that is caused by surrounding moutains. I have seen 6-8 foot swells on the lake during our monsoon season. Whenever you are in town and need or want a tow look us up and we will show you some local hospatality.

Sled491
10-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey Phil, I'm in town now and will be until next Friday, free all weekend! I'm buyin' if your drivn' !

Psmartell
10-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey Sled
If you are serious the invitation is open.My boy has 2 tournament baseball games first thing Saturday morning but will be done early afternoon so we could get about 4 hrs on the lake as I live 20 min. max from Saguaro. Would work out great as we just had our third child and mama could stay home with baby and you and my oldest and I could hit the lake. I will give you my phone #s if you are interested

Sled491
10-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Dude, I'm in. We work until noon on saturdays and then off for the rest of the weekend so this would work out perfect for both sides. This would definately beat sitting in my hotel room blogging on the Moomba boards. I'll send you a PM with my info.

jimmobius
11-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the info. I drove my pickup/camper from apache Junct. to Roosevelt dam what a trip. I wouldn't recomend it again unless weekday and smaller vehicle. I saw Canyon lake , it looks nice , a few boats out there . I missed Saquero lake but maybe next time I come down. I most definately will bring my Mobius. Thanks again. Jim .