PDA

View Full Version : Total Hours this year?

04OUTBACK
10-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Well,
I brought her home yesterday for an oil change and decided I should go ahead and prepare for hibernation.. I am sure I have plenty of time before we have freezing weather around here, but the closer it gets to then, the less time I have...
After a brief spin a round the lake to warm her up, I completed the task of of putting her to bed.
Thanks to Al C (CAB13367) for the complete winterization list.. I almost forgot a step on there cuz i was trying to work from memory!

SO, Question being, HOW MANY HOURS did you put on your boat this year?

I started March 1 and finished up putting 61.5 hours on her this year. I did cheat on her a few weekends and ride with some friends in their boats.
And to help ease the pain of winterizing this early, I have one friend who keeps his in a heated garage and will go on any warm winter day. He manages to ride every month.. and I have set a goal to ride every month at least once! (DrySuit coming soon!)

Hope everyone has a great winter.. Soon we'll start to see posts of Folks shopping for a new boat, first time owners, pics of Moomba Martha in her new home, irritating post from our Florida Brethren who never put up their boats(just kidding), Winter Projects.., other things to keep our minds of the cold chill of winter..
Cheers.:(

bashton
10-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Ian and I took delivery of our Outback DD in late May, and passed 100 hours this past week.

Since our marina closed on the 15th, we pulled her out, but since it is sunny and low 60's today, we are going "exploring" to some of our other local area small lakes.

Neither of us are ready to hang it up fo the season just yet!

BA

deerfield
10-19-2008, 10:47 AM
04outback - This season we put 50 hours on the engine. Same as last season. All of the hours were on a small lake in southern Wisconsin where we keep the boat on a lift. The boat was winterzied two weeks ago and lift pulled last week. This week will bring the boat home from the dealer and tuck it away in the garage. Looking forward to seeing pics of the '09s that people will be buying. - Deerfield

10-19-2008, 10:49 AM
I got my XLV in June and its at JUST under 100 hours. It was a good summer :)

tprkolbas
10-19-2008, 11:15 AM
59 hours - but i didn't get the boat until memorial day weekend, i split time with 2 other boats, i tied up much more because of the price of gas, and i had a season ending wakeboard injury at the end of august.

ian ashton
10-19-2008, 11:21 AM
59 hours - but i didn't get the boat until memorial day weekend, i split time with 2 other boats, i tied up much more because of the price of gas, and i had a season ending wakeboard injury at the end of august.

What boat/lake are you on? We took deliver on Memorial Day Saturday from Club Royale, and keep the boat on Cass.

As my dad mentioned above, we are at like 105 hours right now, and adding a few more this afternoon. I'm curious how cold the water is going to be, I went outside this morning to uncover and clean up the boat and it was like 38 degrees! I definately need my head examixed for considering riding!

10-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Ian, your not crazy, you just need more friends that think like you.

It was 18 F this morning here in Alberta, Canada and I am doing all I can to find someone dumb enough to come riding today, the water will be butter and there won't be any other boats out there. Of course the water will be in the 40's so a dry suit is necessary.

I just can't let go of summer!

Mikey
10-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Too bad your as far away as you are. My boats tucked in for the winter,but my drysuit is at the ready anytime,and like yoursef and a few others I'd be more than willing.Now all i really do is dream about what kind of new waterski i really want for xmas.

jclay5
10-19-2008, 04:44 PM
We got our current Mobius V at the end of July with 172 hours on it. The hour meter reads 212 right now and I'm not going to put her up until mid November.

zegm
10-19-2008, 04:47 PM
We have about 70 hours on the LS, would have had a few more if she wasn't down for about 6 weeks. And she is still in the lift so we might get a few more on her.

Razzman
10-19-2008, 05:33 PM
48 (49 or so total) hours since buying in late April, just didn't get to boat as much as usual due to job change and all. :(

Sled491
10-19-2008, 11:16 PM
We lost almost 5 wks with our lake getting all that early season rain and we got shut down, slow no wake for all of June and part of July. So by the time we pulled her to ride at another lake it was too late. That being said only 35 hrs for us. But unlike many of you, we ski right out front of our place literaly a 100 ft idle to perfect skiing. We do very little cruising as we have other boats for that.

dtlaine
10-19-2008, 11:17 PM
I got my boat Dec 2007, and it has 122 hours. I still have 2.5 more months of use this year!

cab13367
10-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Thanks to Al C (CAB13367) for the complete winterization list.. I almost forgot a step on there cuz i was trying to work from memory!

Brad,

You are welcome. I will be winterizing soon and will try to take pics along the way to add to my how to list. Hopefully, it will help others who are contemplating doing it themselves.

Did you find the muffler drain plug? I finally posted a couple pics for shulaj - see link below.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=6868&page=2

Al

04OUTBACK
10-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Al,
did not find muffler nut, but saw pic after your I finished. I can go back and check on that.
Thanks,

Reese350
10-20-2008, 07:37 AM
65 for us this year (86 total now) on the 06 LSV. We took it out in early September when the boys went back to school so they could focus. Otherwise, all they would think about is wakeboarding! They are 9, 7, and 4 and love it...

kaneboats
10-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Sad to say only about 35 hrs. this year. But with 2 new skiers this year I'm sure it's going to go up a lot next year.

yearround
10-20-2008, 11:25 AM
we took delivery in April, and we are at 109 for the year so far. we have been out at least once a week since may. hoping to avoid winterizing, so looking at some engine compartment heaters, we store in the garage so the temps don't get too bad.

Waynes345
10-20-2008, 11:57 AM
We put another 85 hours on our '99 Outback after 125 last summer. A friend with a I/O deck boat has pulled most of the tube runs and I have settled into pulling the skis, wakeboards and kneeboards. Works out well and I'm not doing endless circles in the rough stuff. Pulled it out after one last run Saturday afternoon and winterized yesterday. Detail next weekend and then storage.

sandm
10-20-2008, 01:18 PM
bought ours in august of '07 as a skiers choice demo boat with 95hrs on it.
started out this year with 122 in april, and have 206 as of saturday afternoon, as our last day of the year on the lake. going this afternoon for winterization and a TON of gelcoat repairs.

Hootreville
10-20-2008, 02:16 PM
I bought my 05 Outback with 83 hrs on the 3rd of July this year, and I just picked it up from the shop with 120. So just under 40 for the short season I had with it.

jester
10-20-2008, 09:44 PM
So on firday i got my boat all put away for her long sleep. I have just over 62 hours and i bought her in May. The funny thing is that i day i bought her it was a nice sunny day. The day i picked her up it was snowing and the day i put her away for her long sleep it was a great day out with perfect water and in the mid 70's.

deerfield
10-20-2008, 11:26 PM
Waynes345 - We visited Apple Canyon Lake last Sunday. The areas with recent paving look nice. Stopped by our lot and let the dog run in the tall grass. Then let her play in the lake. I look forward to the day that we can put a house up and enjoy our Outback even more. Glad to see that you put some good hours on your Moomba this summer. Best regards - Deerfield

AaronWhitt82
10-21-2008, 01:34 AM
I have put roughly 110 hours on my Outback since the 2nd week of May.
This summer was kind of bad for flooding on the River where I use my boat otherwise I'm sure I would have put more hours on her.
Hoping to get her winterized this weekend, detailed and put in storage until next year!

aerophoto
10-21-2008, 01:46 AM
Ian, your not crazy, you just need more friends that think like you.

It was 18 F this morning here in Alberta, Canada and I am doing all I can to find someone dumb enough to come riding today, the water will be butter and there won't be any other boats out there. Of course the water will be in the 40's so a dry suit is necessary.

I just can't let go of summer!

If I did not need to work I would drive up and ski and hell I would not even put on a wetsuit. LOL

BTW I put 50 hours on her and bent 1 prop :(

Waynes345
10-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Waynes345 - We visited Apple Canyon Lake last Sunday. The areas with recent paving look nice. Stopped by our lot and let the dog run in the tall grass. Then let her play in the lake. I look forward to the day that we can put a house up and enjoy our Outback even more. Glad to see that you put some good hours on your Moomba this summer. Best regards - Deerfield

Here is a pic with my phone of my copilots on the last ride of the season. Big 100 lb choclate girl and our older 80 lb mutt. They are only allowed in the boat when I'm alone as my wife can't take the running back and forth. ACL was beautiful the last month and we had some real nice runs.

tprkolbas
10-22-2008, 06:34 PM
What boat/lake are you on? We took deliver on Memorial Day Saturday from Club Royale, and keep the boat on Cass.

As my dad mentioned above, we are at like 105 hours right now, and adding a few more this afternoon. I'm curious how cold the water is going to be, I went outside this morning to uncover and clean up the boat and it was like 38 degrees! I definately need my head examixed for considering riding!

i have a slip on union lake - good lake for weekday evenings or early mornings, but terrible for boarding on the weekend days - way too much traffic. i board on maceday lake too behind a friend's lsv and caroll lake behind another friend's malibu.

1LOKMOOMBA
10-22-2008, 07:02 PM
We bought Eds boat, and have gone every weekend weather permitting. 23 hours looking forward to next season.

Otto_man
10-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Finally broke the 60hr mark this summer with 67! Would have been more but took a long vacation to the mountains so we lost 3 weeks in July and August.

We board mostly weekends, weekdays when I can get time off, at my parents lake place in central WI. The Outback stays on a lift there. During the week we ride behind our wakeboard club's boat on the Mississipi. Got a couple runs in on the river with ours while the club boat was in the shop, but she's tucked away for the winter now. Next summer's goal is 100.

vkkovach
10-23-2008, 06:21 PM
I picked up my boat in Feb.and have 65 hours so far!I hope to still ride until atleast the end of November.

Wake Master
10-24-2008, 06:39 PM
We have an 07 XLV purchased new March 07 put it away for the winter with 290 hours. Averaging 145 hours per year. We start in April and go to sometime in Oct.

cab13367
10-29-2008, 03:19 PM
I am humbled by the boat usage of others on this site. I bought my 2006 new in December of 2006 so I've only had it for two seasons. Put about 40 hours on it last year and the same this year for a total of 80 hours to date.

That's a pretty comfortable amount for us since we are busy with other things in the summer.

Al

ian ashton
10-29-2008, 08:29 PM
We are fortunate in that the marina we keep the boat at is within 20 minutes from home/work/where ever, so its easy to shoot out after work and get a few runs in.

jclay5
10-29-2008, 09:49 PM
I probably avg about 140 hrs a year, but I live a 10 min or less drive from the lake. The name of my road is called Northshore Drive, but I'd prob. even put more hours if I lived on the lake *dreams of living on the lake*

GeauxTigers
10-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Wow... there are some serious riders here. I just got back from my last outing a week ago and it clocked in @ 83 hrs. We took our first ride in April. I have it hooked to the truck right now going to get winterized later today. :(

jclay5
10-30-2008, 09:47 AM
I think I'm going to ride tomorrow and maybe once or twice more next weeek. I will be winterizing next weekend unless we hit a long warming trend, but the last couple of nights it's been around 30 degrees, damn that Canadian air! I don't know how you guys do it up there!

Buttafewcoe
10-30-2008, 10:50 AM
I think I got 40 hrs this year. Dint evn make 300 total and thought fer sure I would.

Sled491
10-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Butta where the heck you been hidden?

zegm
10-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah I was wondering that too??!!! Everything OK???

ian ashton
10-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Its official; our season is done :(

Dropped the boat off for winterization last night;

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1764&stc=1&d=1225488122

And of course, the weather is beautiful for the next 7 days :(
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1765&d=1225488200

MasterMind3002
10-31-2008, 08:13 PM
We clocked just under 95 hours this year on our 08 Outback. I dropped her off 2 weeks ago at the dealer and traded her for an 09. Somebody is going to get an awesome used boat.

Membrain
11-04-2008, 09:32 PM
We put just over 200 hours on ours!

aintskeered
11-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Okay I give... They are calling for 10 inches of the white stuff in the mountains just south of us here. Boats been sitting for about 20 days and now its in storage. 148 hours total 2 years, Guess we did 70 hours this year.