PDA

View Full Version : prop info

moombadaze
10-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Any ideas on where to buy a new prop, boat is 08 lsv. i have the wakeboard prop and would like to get the standard one so that next summer when visiting some big lakes i can cover more lake at the same rpms that i turn now.

thanks

zegm
10-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Stacy,

Try calling or email Jody at www.floridainboards.com.

He had several props hanging on his wall and would know what to help you pick for what you want.

M of Z

04OUTBACK
10-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Stacy,
Call Acme and OJ first. talk to them about your boat and tell them what you are looking for...
I hear both are very helpful on the phone..
Then look for that prop on internet of check with the buy Zegm mentions above..

kaneboats
10-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Best time to buy is in the wintertime.

MOOMBA_97
10-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Daze,

Look at skiertoskier.com . I'm going to buy one there this winter.

Monty

aintskeered
10-20-2008, 05:01 PM
moombadaze, Get on the phone with Oj and Acme, I have had 4 different props now (trying to get the best one for my applications) I am running two different acme props one for play and one for cruising the lake. Both are the acme props! I couldn't get any where with information from OJ.... They told me that 3 different pitch,size and cup props were all the same?????

Bill at Acme was right on the money with both props he recommended. They do cost a little more $. Acme has a form to fill out wanting weight speed rpm and application your using it with. Them give him a ring and talk temperature and altitude. He can send them direct but I would look for one off the net a little cheaper, Just figure out which one you want.

moombadaze
10-20-2008, 05:11 PM
aintskeered, your "cruising the lake" prop is what im looking for. What kind of difference do you see in rpm vs speed between the 2 props.

aintskeered
10-20-2008, 05:25 PM
now your going to make me think..... I honestly didnt get but 4 mph top end more out of it, I was still WOT at 4800 rpm but down in the mid range the rpms were alot better. I honestly dont rember what I was at... seems like 30 mph at 3,000 rpm I got it for a trip to powell and the wind blew and droped 20 on the temp while we were there, so with the rough water and cooler temps I didn get to run it much. I had the Oj 13" last year but it wouldnt pull it at powell,

I have the acme 1273(14.5x14.25x.150cup) as a play prop.

And a Acme 1161 (13.5x16x.135cup)for crusing.

yearround
10-21-2008, 07:38 PM
aintskeered, your "cruising the lake" prop is what im looking for. What kind of difference do you see in rpm vs speed between the 2 props.

one important thing to remember is that aintskeered is normally running at 5600' around "home" and 3600' at "powell" moombadaze, you are at 30'? the elevation makes a huge difference.

i have the OJ wakeboard prop that came with the boat. when i bought a second prop, i wanted to get more speed at a lower RPM (for cruising lake powell) our local prop guy called OJ and we talked for a bit, OJ did not have much else to recommend, so i bought a 2nd of the same. i would gladly look into another.

btw last weekend we put more than 120 miles one day (bullfrog to rainbow + play) i used about 55 gal of fuel, my dad's boat used 40-45 gal (he has an IO)

i would be at 4200 rpm if he was at 3000, speed was about 30mph. i would love to have a prop that i could lower RPM for the long cruise, it would make carrying fuel easier.