PDA

View Full Version : wave makin plate

moombadaze
10-15-2008, 02:37 PM
check this out 3 wake/surf plates

Razzman
10-15-2008, 02:45 PM
'09 Sanger pre-production model. The final version will only have two, one on either side.

Jon
10-15-2008, 03:45 PM
After adjusting them up and down at different times, I wonder how hard it would be to get the boat to run perfectly level again?

04OUTBACK
10-15-2008, 04:26 PM
ed,
awesome idea.. bouncin boat!

After spending time in offshore fishing boats, I had wondered if that was an option.. Pretty neat Idea for surfing.. I would think it is beneficial for weight balance wakeboarding as well..

jester
10-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Ed, that would be a lot of fun to bounce up and down.

Now what you could do with the three plates is setup a microprocessor to control them. you could also set up a system so it can tell how the boat is balanced to adjust the plates so you get the perfect wake. humm all sorts of ideas. I might now have a new winter project. Anyone know a good place to get wakeplates?

moombadaze
10-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Im wondering how it would ride with all the plates in the down position. But it is a very interesting idea on shaping wakes and or waves. That boat is a new Sanger and im wondering if something like that could be added to a Moomba

JesseC
10-15-2008, 08:31 PM
I loved having the twin plates on my Formula. Before the Mobius it was all we had to wakeboard behind. If one side of the wake was washed out, I could just raise or lower the trim tab on the opposite side. Made moving people around not necessary. I do miss that, instead of asking someone to move, I could just throw my switches.

Sled491
10-20-2008, 11:41 PM
I would think for surfing this would be awsum. I don't think that having the 2 tabs would be all that difficult to control, after all, every other boat that runs trim tabs (yes that is what they really are) runs two on the outside. Even the dive boat I run off of has them. They are supposed to help fuel economy as well.

Not sure about the exhaust turned down onto the center tab anyways. Like the green and the polished look though, just as a side note :)