PDA

View Full Version : Boating areas in the Florida Panhandle

mcnut
10-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Just moved to the area. Looking for some fresh water area to go boating at. Hit me up let me know where at hot spots are at?

kaneboats
10-15-2008, 11:30 AM
You're in Maxpower's area. Zegm is in Panama City. Then me over in Tally. I run the Flint river just over the GA line a few miles above Lake Seminole. Hope to see you at our 2nd "Moombas on the Flint" jam next Sept.

maxpower220
10-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Escambia River: closest fresh water (brackish really). It's very wide (for a river) and deep. It has a lot of straight areas to ski. You can always find a place to ride in almost any wind condition.
BlackWater River: In downtown Milton, there is a very nice ramp from the county. It is narrow and begins to twist quite a bit a few miles up the river. There is an inlet "lake" there that has a ski course. It is only good if the wind is out of the west.
I live on a private lake, but it is only 100 acres and no public ramp.
Ski Watch Estates is in Milton: 4 man made lakes with courses and maybe one jump. They hold 4 tourneys a year if you like to compete.
A lot of people ski in the Bayous, Texas and Grande. Saltwater is your choice. Usually you can find smooth water. However, there are always water pollution warnings as the hills surrounding them drain rainwater straight into them.
Hope this helps for local water. Hopefully this weekend we can get together.

mcnut
10-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Sounds like I got some choices to go ride at. Paul... we will hit it up sometime soon. Wheres your private lake at? Right now Ive been at the bayous. Never that smooth. So Mulletfest is this weekend. plus concert at the wharf on friday.

kaneboats
10-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Another example of how there's always another owner there to look out for you. You can move anywhere in the country and already have friends there. Gotta love SC for that.

Sled491
10-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Wouldn't a name like MCnut mean he's a Master Craft owner? Not looking to cause trouble, we accept all kinds here, after all it's also about the boating and family fun, not just Moombas.

mcnut
10-21-2008, 12:25 AM
yea see McNut is my nickname. Why would I be on a moomba site if i had a mastercraft. does that make sense to you? thanks for playing whos next?

mcnut
10-21-2008, 12:27 AM
yea see McNut is my nickname. Why would I be on a moomba site if i had a mastercraft. does that make sense to you? thanks for playing whos next?

Sled491
10-21-2008, 08:54 AM
No probs, just curious. I seem to recall we have a couple other members with nut in there name denoting there passion for there product. For example "Enginenut", who is an indmar guru.

kaneboats
10-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Quit picking on the new guy, Sled!

Sled491
10-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Wasn't really my intention, honestly!

kaneboats
10-21-2008, 12:03 PM
For your penance you have to be nice and welcome the next three new guys, even if they used to be MC owners or don't like hot wings.

Sled491
10-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Done, heck I'll even man the Grillmobius and promise to not burn the brats!

MrsZ
10-21-2008, 07:16 PM
For your penance you have to be nice and welcome the next three new guys, even if they used to be MC owners or don't like hot wings.

Kaneboats, aren't you sort of a partial MC owner?

Guys, I am telling you that every time I do not log on for a while, when I do y'all are talking about chicken wings again. What IS it with you??!?

Sled491
10-21-2008, 07:41 PM
It's a guy thing:)

zegm
10-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah Kaneboats we know your secret, the MC secret!!!!! Should you change your name to KaneMCboat???? :rolleyes:

Sled491
10-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Whoa, hold on a minute here. KB is keeping secrets? It has to do with the forbidden "MC". Are you kidding me, no wonder he was brow beating me into submission

zegm
10-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Sled,

MrsZ and I have said enough, but yes there are some issues with Kaneboats keeping secrets! :p

Sled491
10-21-2008, 11:47 PM
I got it, its on the low low.

kaneboats
10-22-2008, 12:50 PM
OK, the cat is out of the bag. I have secretly always coveted a MC. Although I have never owned one I skied behind one a few times as a child. That's when it started. When the repair facility (incidentally, recommended by former Mastercraft owner and BMW enthusiast who shall remain nameless) did the work on my Outback a few months ago I had a choice to make. I could either accept the new rudder they had in stock and have my beloved Outback returned in shipshape in time for the Tampa Jam or wait another week or more for an original Moomba rudder. I chose the nearer good. So my Outback bears a rudder with the MC logo on it. So there! It is no longer a secret. I will wear it proudly as Hester Prynne of Hawthorne fame wore the symbol of her disgrace. Just keep in mind that my symbol is not on my breast as was hers, instead it is worn on the very a$$ end of the boat.

moombadaze
10-22-2008, 02:05 PM
truth be told we had a mc also-prostar 190, kept a towel and really nice small duffel bag--both of which are in the current moomba

Sled491
10-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Ah yes the famous rudder incident of 08. I recall some one telling me about this "Rudder" from another brudder. Does this mean your a mud blood now? :)

mcnut
10-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Its good to know about the FNG isnt always picked on. Never been on a MC and never will. Had friend who owns an X-star. Sure will miss him lol. Please keep me informed when all the Moombas had heading out for some boat fun. I know Im always down for some fun.

moombadaze
10-23-2008, 07:44 AM
mcnut, we have Martha's coming out party in a few weekends-be the last gathering of this year in florida im afraid.-clearmont, fl

now next year for 09. not sure what all the dates will be but hopefully this will all come together-just have to wait and see.

hopefully Ed's dealer will have his jamboree in clearmont, fl
spring time mini jam at lake sinclair in georgia
summer time jamboree/camping at lake lanier in georgia
jamboree at lake padget, land o lakes fl
fall time mini jam-moombas on the flint river/camping

the dealer we met at this years flint river mini jam showed some interest in having a jamborre in 09, there from dothan alabama i believe.

stacy

fng-thats funny

kaneboats
10-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Hmm. My 2009 schedule looks exactly like the Moombadaze one.

Sled491
10-23-2008, 07:37 PM
I wish mine looked like that. Hopefully the lake house will be finished, that's the most I can hope for.

mcnut
10-24-2008, 12:57 AM
I like the schedule. Sounds like I might have to do some traveling but sounds worth it. So is everyone basically married here? Im only 24 so I like to go have some fun on the boat.

kaneboats
10-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Just think of it this way-- if there's an available filly at any of these events-- she's all yours!!!!!!!

mcnut
10-24-2008, 04:52 PM
I will have to agree with that!!

zegm
10-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Stacy,

That dealer is:
H2O Sports
2502 Ross Clark Circle Us Hwy 231
Dothan, AL 36301 Phone: 334-699-7433
Email: [email protected]
Webpage: www.h2osportsdothan.com
Melissa is the owner, Frankie is her husband.

The gloves that your women wear came from them! :)

kaneboats
10-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Mcnut, I think Tampa was your best shot if memory serves. I recall a certain photo taken by Moombadaze that may show what you were looking for (see post #12 on this thread):

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=6263&highlight=trouble&page=2

moombadaze
10-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Pat, for some reason every guy is looking that direction--even Monty's son.

zegm
10-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Pat, Stacy,

Yeah one guy in the first photo with his back to the camera looking that way is wearing a shirt just like one I own!!! :rolleyes:

mcnut
10-29-2008, 05:54 AM
Ahh yes! I think I like that indeed! So having some problems lately. My bud who i bought the boat from says its a 21 gal. but every manual i look at says its 28. which is correct plus how can i make my fuel gauge more accurate?

maxpower220
10-29-2008, 08:33 PM
So far I have managed to return each flight still inside the aircraft. Hopefully that will be the case for the next couple of years.

By the way, we had frost last night. I was out on Sunday and it was cool, but I am going to have to break out the wet suit this weekend.

mcnut
10-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Yea I had my lil heater in the engine bay just to keep her warm. I think I might be going out but just depends on the situations

kaneboats
10-30-2008, 02:06 PM
I think the Navy protocol says that whenever you board a craft you have to salute the captain (I don't think it includes the middle finger salute either).

mcnut
10-30-2008, 11:51 PM
To be technical... You salute the ensign. lol but whos really counting lol I wont be saying sir all the time. I have been in too long to be acting like a booter ( someone right from boot camp) Off work is my play time. So how does the surf get? Im orginally from California so I will always be down for a session!

mcnut
10-30-2008, 11:54 PM
what mechanic have you been using around here? Im having some lil problem when i start to trottle her down she keeps hesitating alot.

MrsZ
10-31-2008, 08:15 AM
what mechanic have you been using around here? Im having some lil problem when i start to trottle her down she keeps hesitating alot.

mcnut, it is a little drive for you but the man to use is Jody here in PC. He is Indmar certified and has been doing this so long he is like an artist.

http://www.floridainboards.com/wst_page3.html

MrsZ
10-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Gotta be carefull when talking about Jody to a serviceman :)

I dont get it. :confused: Is it because artist may have an effeminate connotation? If so then let me rephrase. Jody is a craftsman....and not the kind they sell at Sears.

maxpower220
10-31-2008, 05:20 PM
"Jody" is the mythical guy who dates your girlfriend while you are on deployment. It is also a song that you sing while running in formation. That song usually talks about the guy who is dating your girlfriend, and what fun he is having while you are stuck cleaning the bathroom and such.

I have not had a mechanic work on anything, so I can't lead you in that direction. My last 3 boats never had an issue (MC and Bu). Right now, I would take it to George's Watersports in Mobile, AL, while it is under warranty.

Based on your statement, I would look at the fuel filter, and check the fuel. More specific info would help in an online diagnosis. Or, call me this weekend and we can go skiing/boarding.

mcnut
10-31-2008, 06:13 PM
yea i want to change to tranny fuild and oil too. So I might have to do that before anything else. I will hit you up tomorrow if i wake up earl enought after this crazy night

kaneboats
11-03-2008, 10:52 AM
I'll vouch for the happily married Jody at Florida Inboards. Here's his site:

http://www.floridainboards.com/wst_page3.html