PDA

View Full Version : wake plate problems persist!

yearround
10-14-2008, 04:13 PM
I am still having wake plate problems and no time to get to the dealer before i go for the weekend. maybe someone has some ideas, i have talked to Bennett trim tabs, they have been very helpful, but i am really not mechanically inclined.

when i move the controller, the hydraulic pump turns on, but the plate does not move.
bennett had me run a power direct from the bat to the wire harness on the pump. when i power the pump direct from the battery, the plate will go up or down if i contact the solenoid post and the correct up or down post.

i tried to disconnect the controller on the steering column, but i don't know how to get to the wires very easily, how does this come off? do i need to remove the steering wheel? when i powered the solenoid and up or down wire at the controller, the pump operates, but the plate does not move. the solenoid does not seem to be opening.

i need another person to listen for the solenoid i think.

so it seems my problem is somewhere between the controller on the steer column and the wire harness on the pump. any thoughts?