PDA

View Full Version : lake powell in the fall,

yearround
10-13-2008, 06:03 PM
anyone been to powell in the fall? the kids have a week off for fall break, and there are no hunting seasons to coinside with, thinking of making a trip down.

any thoughts, experience?

thanks

Garn
10-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Fall is a great time to go to Powell. All the crowds are gone and you still have great water. This week the temperature at both Bullfrog and Wahweap will be in the mid 70's. The water temp should be around 70 or the high 60s. It is beautiful at Powell this time of year. Which part of Powell are you going to?

Garn

GeauxTigers
10-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey yearround! I am taking the troops to Sandhollow, a tiny reservoir just north of St. George, UT. If the weather gets crappy, we plan to head to Zion to a little bit of hiking and stuff! There are some great restaurants just outside of the park, so we may take in some of that as well. Weather is supposed to be in the mid-80's by Thursday, so I am betting on it.

yearround
10-14-2008, 03:53 PM
turns out we will be going lake powell this thursday. our cousins in Utah schools have some days off, so we will pull our kids and go with them. the weather looks to be good, water is not bad, 68, should be very different than july!

kmcg
10-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Yearround... I am heading to Powell on Wednesday night and staying at Bullfrog until Sunday.

Cheers

yearround
10-15-2008, 09:53 AM
kmcg, we will be leaving early thursday morning, i guess if i get all packed up i could head out wednesday, oh, that is today, and staying in Stanton creek bay area. we have a blue and white 08 LSV. if you see us, stop and intro!

aintskeered
10-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Darn I just missed this party! I was there last Thursday through Sunday. Water was 68 in the back of bullfrog bay. I caught the big cool off over the weekend and the wind storm. We made one trip up lake to defiance house and over to the back of smith fork. Watch out for the shallow spot quite a ways off shore by the "hay stacks" between Halls crossing and bullfrog! Last I looked at the wx is going to be pushing 80's during the day on the weekend! Enjoy!!!